Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues
rose38478
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:43 pm Reply with quote

Issue 1. When new users try to sign up, they press confirm and nothing happens. It's like the button doesn't do a thing.

Issue 2. Anything that needs editing has what looks like a block in it. I looked at html editor and in the part where you are supposed to put the content, my user block is showing up. Same in Gcalendar and several others. Even in my header/footer spots on preferences...it's showing "page not found" Seriously...

Issue 3. Sentinel keeps locking me out even though I am God admin and my ip is saved. I try to do certain things and I get perma banned. Wait a few minutes and I can relog in under my admin. Without going to PHPMyadmin and unbanning myself.

This was a clean install. I did add a theme called Lineage, but these issues were happening before this theme addition. However, at this point, that is the only modification I made as I am trying to work the bugs out before I go live with the site.

Any advice guys? I must say that I really like this new version. I have the 2.2 version on another site, but on this site, I stupidly put nuke 7.8 (should've known better, wanted to try it. Lesson learned). After trying to roll back the database for this version, I just decided on a clean install...and what I've seen so far is awesome!!

Rose

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:55 pm Reply with quote

it really sounds to me like incomplete or corrupted files. I would try using FileZilla (free from sourceforge.net) to upload all your files again. If your target server is Linux, also try setting the FTP to always use binary. You should not be experiencing these types of problems. I certainly haven't.

rose38478

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:16 am Reply with quote

I'll try that first and see how that does. I do use FileZilla as my FTP client, so I'll try that also.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

rose38478

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:26 am Reply with quote

Ok guys, that fixed everything but the new user registration problem. That button still does absolutely nothing. I even disabled the theme I put in to see if that was the problem and it does the same in any theme I use. I don't get an error either. Just nothing at all.

The good news is I didn't get any bans. Wink PROGRESS! Smile Smile Seriously though, is there a line of code that I need to post here? I don't want to go any further in the site until I get this issue fixed.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:24 am Reply with quote

What user registration options do you have set in Your Account, administration?

rose38478

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:05 pm Reply with quote

What exactly to you mean? I'm not seeing it at all.

fkelly

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:46 pm Reply with quote

Go to YA administration. Go to configuration. Then look at the registration tab and tell us what you have set there. We can then try to simulate that and duplicate your problem (or not).

rose38478

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:16 am Reply with quote

Ah, it was under "edit users".

Ok this is what I have:

Allow User Registration: yes
Use e-mail activation: yes
Require Admin Approval: no
Doublecheck e-mail at Registration: yes
Coppa Complaince Required: no
Show TOS: no
Legal Mod TOS doc: terms
Show TOS to members as well: yes
Display "as registered user..." yes

These are the default settings.....

rose38478

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:21 am Reply with quote

Ok guys, it seems to be my theme. I uncommented the code per the instructions in another thread I read and the theme is working fine *except* when someone tries to register. I cannot see anything obvious in the code. Is there anyone willing to look at this code for me and see if we can get this working? It's the only theme like this out there and I need it for the gaming site that I am hosting.

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:46 am Reply with quote

try turning on error reporting and see if you see any warnings etc.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
rose38478

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:19 pm Reply with quote

I get nothing at all. No errors in any log. I've been staring at code and staring at code and nothing is popping out at me. Of course, I can only do *very* minor coding.

Now one thing I did fail to mention was that I also had to download the posted_attachment_body mod for my forums to work. And as mentioned earlier, I uncommented the two lines of code per instructions in another thread that were commented out dealing with $dbi. Both of these modifications to this theme were necessary in order to make the theme work with this version of RN. This is a two year old theme from Kaglesh. Copyright 2006. But it's the only one out there like it.

Is there anything else I can do to correct this?

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:10 am Reply with quote

Did you turn error reporting on in the config.php file? These errors are not written to a log, but should be displayed on the screen.

Additionally there is database logging which can be turned on in rnconfig.php.

rose38478

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:30 am Reply with quote

Yes, I turned both of them on. I'm getting nothing. Even in Cpanel, I'm getting no errors that pertain to this.

Quite frankly, when you press the button *nothing* happens. You can see the button press, but it's like there is no "submit" on the button, however that is not that case looking at the programming.

Palbin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:56 am Reply with quote

Is this site on the web or just a local install. If it is on the web can we get a link to it?

rose38478

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:13 pm Reply with quote

Yes, it's on a test subdomain I created specifically for doing this. I haven't done much to the site except test that theme, so don't expect much. One thing I've learned doing this, fix one thing before you even try something else.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Also, I downloaded version 2.2.xx of RN and tested it with this theme on another test subdomain and the new user set up works perfectly.

Palbin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:08 pm Reply with quote

So is this just a theme problem? If you change themes to one of the default ones does it work or is it still broken?

rose38478

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:26 am Reply with quote

Yes, this particular theme is the problem. Default themes loaded with RN work.

jakec

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:43 am Reply with quote

This definiately sounds like it is related to $dbi issue, but if you have uncommented those two lines then it should work and I am not sure why it isn't. Confused

rose38478

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:12 am Reply with quote

Well, I had to uncomment those two lines to get the theme to work at all. Before uncommenting, I had a blank page.

To me it almost seems like the confirm button isn't talking to the improved "your account" module. That's the impression I get, however I could be wrong. Especially considering it works fine on the previous version of RN.

Doulos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:45 pm Reply with quote

I am experiencing the same issue. It installed fine and works perfectly on my test server but not on my live site (clanfga.com). I have tried re-uploading, requiring binary only, etc. (I use Filezilla)

I did notice that on my test server the URL when I hover over the "Continue" button (when trying to submit a new registration) is like this:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

But on my live site it shows as:

account.html

However, even if I go into new_user.php and change it to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] it still won't work.

Note: I have tried several of the themes that came with RN2.30, same result.

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:12 pm Reply with quote

This sounds a little different to rose38478's problem, because the RN themes work.

Can you two confirm your server setup i.e. mySQL, PHP versions etc.

Doulos

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:58 pm Reply with quote

Well, it appears I have found my problem....

My ajax-banner, and googleads scripts are interfering with the jquery password strength script. If I remove them registration work fine. I tried removing them one at a time to see which one might be causing the problem, but the issue persists no matter which one I leave on.

Doulos

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:02 pm Reply with quote

The guy who wrote my ajax-banner script came up with a work around for my problem. Works good.

In theme.php:

After:
Code:
include("themes/default-theme/tables.php");

He added:
Code:
if($_REQUEST["name"] == "Your_Account"){

}else{
   include ("/home-directory/ajax-banners.php");
   include ('/home-directory/google-ads.php');
}

Comments?

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:17 pm Reply with quote

So it doesn't load the banners on the Your Account page, which is where the password strength script is loaded = no conflict. Sounds good to me.

rose38478

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:47 pm Reply with quote

No worries on mine anymore. I rolled back to the previous version of RN and everything works like a charm. I'll look at upgrading a bit later when the bugs are written out. Outside themes really need to work, or else users will be forced to just have to use the included themes.

Maybe I'll eventually write my own L2 theme. This theme I am using is quite confining. Right down to the fonts on the page. No changes. But it's what I need for now, so I'll roll with it till I get time to write my own.

As always, you guys are all awesome!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic