Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
critterbug

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:59 pm Reply with quote

I am running release 2.20.01 on Fedora core 9. The install went fine and I didn't encounter any problems during the installation. I added a large amount of downloads to the website. Most all of them are rar type files that are less than 2 megs. When you click the download link on some of the files, they download as a file with an extenion called man. It doesn't do this to all files. I've noticed it only on about 5 or 6 out of 100. I've tried renaming the files, moving them to different folders, even inspected how they look in the mysql database. Everything as far as I can tell looks ok. Has anyone else seen this problem?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:57 am Reply with quote

Not sure other than checking to make sure within Apache you specifically have a MIME handler for these .rar files. It is possible that in the absence of one, Apache is choosing and possibly messing up on these few... don't know how or why. Just a suggestion.

BTW, are you streaming the binaries down to the browser? If so, maybe its something to do with the headers you are passing as to the file type? Again, a slightly different MIME problem.

critterbug

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:37 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. that sent me down the right path in order to find the problem.

I added "AddType application/x-rar-compressed .rar" to /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf for apache and also added "application/x-rar-compressed rar" to /etc/mime.types and that solved the problem.

montego

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:23 am Reply with quote

Most excellent. Glad it helped.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic