Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Documentation Issues/Suggestions
tag
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:56 am Reply with quote

Now, you should see a link that says Build CGIAuth file. Click it. That will build your .staccess id:pass file.

Exactly where do we see this "Build CGIAuth" file ?

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
testy1
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:38 am Reply with quote

by going here

admin.php?op=ABAuthList

but you must have your staccess ftaccess and htaccess in the root and properly chmoded.

once you go to the link above you should see this....

tag

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:23 am Reply with quote

Maybe it isjust me but when I put htaccess and staccess in the root I can no longer log into to the administration to do anything else.

so I am guessing the docs are out of order. As soon as you put htacess in the root then you immediately get the popup, but you cant go on until you delete the htacces. oh the docs are not out of order, it just cant work that way. So some tidbit of knowledge in missing?

Lets try something else, does anyone know how to manually put in this information to the files?

Last edited by tag on Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:37 am Reply with quote

If the popup is working but you cannot get past it, then the username/password combination is incorrect or missing.
If you search the Nuke Sentinel(tm) forums here there are a lot of posts covering this in great details.

warren-the-ape
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:31 pm Reply with quote

Just comment out those CGI auth lines in your .htaccess file. Log-in through your admin.php and setup your staccess properly.

tag

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:21 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Options All -Indexes
DirectoryIndex index.php index.htm index.html

# -------------------------------------------
# Start of NukeSentinel(tm) admin.php Auth
#<Files .ftaccess>
# deny from all
#</Files>

#<Files .staccess>
# deny from all
#</Files>

#<Files admin.php>
# <Limit GET POST PUT>
# require valid-user
# </Limit>
# AuthName "Restricted"
# AuthType Basic
# AuthUserFile /var/www/vhosts/*****/httpdocs/.staccess
# </Files>

# Start of NukeSentinel(tm) DENY FROM area

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you either i did that wrong or it didnt work the way I had hoped.

Last edited by tag on Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total 
testy1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:39 pm Reply with quote

First of all go to your local bottle-o and grab a carton of XXXX gold <-- wont work without it.

this is how i do it.

1. make sure Admin Authentication is set to off.

2. Make sure the htaccess, ftaccess and staccess are in the root and the path is properly configured in nuke sentinel admin and they are properly chmoded.

3. Go to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and select the "Edit" icon beside your name.

4. Make sure you have a password in there and it is set to "is protected".

note: i suggest you take note of the Auth Login and Auth Password.

5. Now go to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

6. next open staccess in your favourite text editor and look for something similar to this

Code:

Billybob:$1$8/3.vi4.$yESrkigBWygoK4MqksXyM0

this means it has setup the authentication properly.

7. Next go to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and set Admin Auth to "Admin CGIAuth" and save.

8. Click on the link [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] as shown below.

8. The new window that pops up will have the details for your htaccess file, make sure you copy it to the htaccess file and save it, and your good to go.

9. Done.

also i'll just mention if the path to your htaccess is wrong or it is not properly chmoded it will let you know like the picture below

tag

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:45 pm Reply with quote

I am starting to see a major problem, most of what you have works, I got down to 6 and nothing was there that remotely looked like that, not sure why yet tho... the other problem is - which is probably the reason, no matter what path I put on the .staccess or .htaccess lines in sentinel admin - it says the file is not there. Except for the fact if I click the admin auth-on it sees it. it must have something to do with that, maybe i need a different host
I have been working on this for days with no luck

I think you might have the answer for the other part though. I will try some more paths and see if any of them will work.

testy1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:47 pm Reply with quote

you can use this in a php file to find the right path to use

Code:

echo getcwd();

also check the permissions on all 3 files and change them if need be to 0666

tag

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:41 pm Reply with quote

erm already deleted the account, but I have been using nuke for years, I will just get a friendlier host where i can get to the php.ini

but i am sure yours works we need to incorporate that into the documentation - you explained it a lot better than what we have.

testy1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:02 am Reply with quote

did you try giving raven a ring?

1300 raven Razz

I think he may do hosting Smile

tag

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:22 am Reply with quote

Actually My Uncle got a site from ravenhosting, using the CGIAuth that YOU described, the site went up in minutes (after uploading it of course) and nukeSentinel was working a few minutes later. Your tutorial on CGIAuth made the difference and is much easier to understand than what they have in the docs. It's a winner that should be included BEFORE someone else downloads it.

ty for your time and concideration

it is very important that the cgiAuth you described here goies into the docs. that is the whole reason of this post!

JeRicHoOL
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:03 pm Reply with quote

1. I don't have a .ftaccess file and never had.

2. I set this up and put the details in my .htaccess file.
I'd like to know if I have done everything correctly. Is there a way I can check this?

Susann

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:42 pm Reply with quote

.ftaccess is for NukeSentinel. Within the pack you downloaded its called sample.ftacccess and an empty file at the beginning and you should chmod and rename this to .ftaccess.
The problem is people don´t read enough don´t search and therefore they have to ask again and again the same question.
You should know if CGI Auth or HTTP AUTH is working at your site or not.

Thats an interesting article I read a time ago:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Maybe this helps to understand this better.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Documentation Issues/Suggestions

View next topic
View previous topic