Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues
Dawg
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:41 am Reply with quote

Greetings All,
I am setting up a new site and I noticed that the Captcha was not on for Downloads.

I have it set in RNConfig
'Downloads' => 3

Am I missing something?

I am using shortlinks could this be the issue?

It is working on login and submit news so I know it works just not on Downloads.

While I am on the topic....is there a version of the Fetch Mod recommanded for RN?

Dawg

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:46 pm Reply with quote

Sorry, Dawg, but the captcha is only there to protect the rating comments. We did not include it on the fetch because that was not our focus. The focus was on spam protection.

Not sure about the Fetch Mod. I have never used it. I have always used NSN GR Downloads instead, which has a built in captcha.

Dawg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:48 pm Reply with quote

So NSN GR Downloads is the way to do it? Any version that is known to work with RN?

Dave

Dawg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:02 am Reply with quote

To work with RN...I used

NSN_GR_Downloads_750_103pl1 from Nuke Scripts [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

and

To work with Shortlinks....
NSN GR Downloads Tap [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

It's a Happy Thang!

Dawg

montego

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:11 am Reply with quote

Yes, sir, that is what I was going to recommend but you got to it first! Awesome...

BTW, will be working on a XHTML compliant version as well as mine on my site is using the new RN captcha as well as stops direct linking to my downloads. I'll include these in a new release sometime this year.

bozwolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:40 pm Reply with quote

i have installed NSN_GR_Downloads_750 everything works fine besides it does not show the Captcha image, any idea how to fix that?

Dawg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:17 am Reply with quote

Are you getting a Red X in the box or no box at all or what?

Dawg

montego

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:05 am Reply with quote

bozwolf, yes, it is true, the new RavenNuke captcha does break the old NSN GR Download one.

I have gone back into my configuration management system and pulled out the necessary edits that I use to get this to work.

I have added a sticky within my forums to address How To Get the Captcha to Work Under RavenNuke 2.10.x +.

bozwolf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:18 am Reply with quote

montego i tried that but the page goes blank and does not show the code still. Any suggestions will be much appreciated...

montego

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:09 am Reply with quote

Once we get this straightened out, if needed, I'll update the code snipets. Wink

montego

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:57 am Reply with quote

My apologies, I have fixed the code... I should know better than to try and re-code something on the fly...

blith
Client

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:08 pm Reply with quote

I am still not getting any code after editing in your changes. I have the security code enabled in downloads configuration but it just doesn't show. No red x, no numbers. Nothing, not even a place for the code to go... please help. Thank you.

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:13 am Reply with quote

blith, since the module captcha has changed a bit since that sticky was written, try the options in rnconfig.php to see if you also have the captcha turned on there.

Also, do please bear in mind that the RN captcha NEVER shows for a logged in admin. So make sure you test this when you are logged OUT of admin.

blith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:30 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
blith, since the module captcha has changed a bit since that sticky was written, try the options in rnconfig.php to see if you also have the captcha turned on there.

Also, do please bear in mind that the RN captcha NEVER shows for a logged in admin. So make sure you test this when you are logged OUT of admin.

Thank you. The admin deal is what got me...

montego

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:00 am Reply with quote

Dance-Stick

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic