Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.6.x
blyy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:15 pm Reply with quote

NukeSentinel v2.6 (I didn't see a forum for 2.6, so I hope it's ok in this forum)
phpNuke ver 7.9

When I try to enter any module after installing NukeSentinel v2.6 I get an "access denied" message... I can get to the administrator control of any module but can not access via modules.php. Keep in mind that this is my first install of Sentinel so I may have made a noob mistake.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:05 pm Reply with quote

Nuke Sentinel requires your site to be patched to level 3.3+ as it states in the packages download.
If you have not installed Chatserv's patches then you will either need to make allowances for that or preferably install the patches as you are at risk without them (which is why they are required for Nuke Sentinel(tm).

blyy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:13 pm Reply with quote

Thanks so mcuch!! That did the trick.
On to the next problem, when I click on the module link, the page comes up with a 500 error internal server error...
Any ideas on that?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:18 pm Reply with quote

That could be one of a few things usually.
A bad file edit or uploaded in asci instead of binary mode
Your server does not allow the use of htaccess files (or it has been uploaded in ascii mode instead of binary mode).
The quickest thing to check is the htaccess file, so rename it using your ftp client to test.

blyy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:46 pm Reply with quote

I reuploaded everything as binary, no help.
I removed the htaccess file, no help.
I have not yet uploaded the 3 files: htaccess, staccess, and ftaccess
as I have not been able to configure anything yet.
I don't have any admin icon for sentinel, only the user module applet (on left)... don't know if this is normal as its my first install.
Thanks for your continued assistance

blyy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:24 pm Reply with quote

I found this in the error log for the admin script:

PHP Warning: include(admin/modules/nukesentinel/functions.php) [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxx/public_html/admin/modules/nukesentinel.php on line 20

Line 20 = include('admin/modules/nukesentinel/functions.php');

AND

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function sql_fetchrow() on a non-object in /home/xxxx/public_html/admin/modules/nukesentinel.php on line 21

Line 21 = $getAdmin = $db->sql_fetchrow($db->sql_query("SELECT * FROM `".$prefix."_authors` WHERE `aid`='$aid' LIMIT 0,1"));

still looking into it, but if you have any ideas let me know

blyy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:50 pm Reply with quote

In the interest of sharing my shame for the better-ment of the community. Embarassed
I failed to run the "Edits_For_Core_Files"... I thought I may not have to after reading some contray forum info while searching for my previous issue.
I can now see the admin NukeSentinel module icon although I am getting another internal server error accessing the ABMain module... but I am guessing I am missing something and will continue my search.

Should I install the 3 h,s and f access files first, or should i be able to see the admin NukeSentinel module already? Are there any error logs I can turn on locate to help point to the issue?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:43 am Reply with quote

With respect, you may want to go through the ReadMe file that came with the package as you seem to have missed one or more steps of the installation procedure.
I wouldn't worry about the htaccess / staccess etc files until you have the basic installation itself completed.

Does your ftp client give you warnings if a file is not fully uploaded? If not then you may want to switch to a good free client like FileZilla. I ask because it seems from the error messages you posted that some files were not uploaded

blyy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:16 am Reply with quote

You are being to easy on me... I was using coreftp, switched to filezilla and wham! i am up and running.
thanks again... till next time

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:31 pm Reply with quote

No problem at al, glad you are now working Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.6.x

View next topic
View previous topic