Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BB2Nuke
rusty_hook
Client

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:27 am Reply with quote

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me out with a question I have. I have several members of my site complaining that every time they get a topic reply notification email or PM notification email when they click the link it requires them to login.

I have other sites that do not require this, but running different versions of Nuke. The one with the issue is a Raven Nuke 2.10.01. I have searched the forum here but can't seem to find anything regarding this issue.

Am I just missing a setting anywhere? Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thank you in advance!!

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:56 am Reply with quote

If they log out before receiving the email then they will have to log in. If they have not logged out, the cookie they have will let them see the PM without a login.

rusty_hook

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:02 pm Reply with quote

They are not logging out. I tested and the same thing happens to me. For some reason I am having to login even though I am logged into the site in another window. When it asks for the login and I just go to the index, I am logged in.

It is only going directly from the email to the PM or topic that it is telling me I am accessing a restricted area and required to login again.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:24 pm Reply with quote

I don't think it is anything in Nuke. I don't think there is code in there for that. The behavior you are seeing could be browser specific.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:57 pm Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, does the url for the link match what you have specified as the site url in nuke admin preferences?

What I mean to say is, do they both start the same - both either [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] or [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Nuke stores a base url in nuke preferences and in nuke-> forum-> configuration, I am wondering if the url's are not matching as this would mean they would need two cookies and hence the need to possibly log in again.

rusty_hook

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:43 pm Reply with quote

Unfortnately, yes. They are the same [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] .

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quote

This could even be a function of the mail client that you are using or possibly some firewall software. So, if you go to that link directly using the browser it works, but if you "click" the link from within your mail client, it asks you to log in? Pretty sure its how the client is passing the link or a firewall rule.

Check your access log to see exactly what the URL was that the mail client passed to the web server. That might afford a clue (or it might not).

Gremmie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:11 pm Reply with quote

Try different browsers and different mail clients too. I think the behavior is external to Nuke.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BB2Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic