Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues
syntax

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:25 am Reply with quote

Ok,, I was testing around ( learning ) on my frontpage logged in as admin. In the admin block I clicked ( NEW story ) and posted a test. It posted fine. No worries there.

Now the problem is, I can't get rid of it. there is no edit function within the center story I created as there is with the others. I've looked all over the place in the admin control panel and I still can't find it....
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

What am I doing wrong or have I missed something ??

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:30 am Reply with quote

If the story had extended text, you could click "Read More..." and it would take you to the full story page. That page would have a link to delete it. Since it does not, another way to delete it would be to visit your main admin page, where it shows the last 20 or so stories posted. There is a delete link there.

syntax

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:34 am Reply with quote

I've tried that. it only shows the main top story there. It shows nothing for the test box I made.

syntax

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:37 am Reply with quote

Actually I do see it now under stories archive, but there's no option to edit or delete it...

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:39 am Reply with quote

Check what language you selected for the article. ummm ... you may not be able to do that easily. Check what language you have selected for your admin id in edit admins on the acp. Make sure that's "all" ... if a story is in a language different than what your admin id is, it won't show up on the list. Maybe that's a long shot but it's worth looking at.

syntax

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:48 am Reply with quote

Oh thats great, sentinel just locked me out of my own site..

fkelly

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:04 am Reply with quote

Probably went into edit admins and you are not signed in as the god admin. Sentinel will do that in that case. And having the admin id wrong may be what's causing your news problem too.

syntax

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:32 am Reply with quote

Ok,,I tried that ( all ) and it's already set.......Weird,,I've never seen this happen before with nuke to me...

syntax

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:49 am Reply with quote

Ok I finally found it. it was situated alone in the stories archive. I thought it was the main story on the front and didn't delete that one...

I'm still learning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your suggestions !!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic