Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
wickedz2000

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:01 am Reply with quote

Hi!

I usually don't post because I can usually find the answer to my problem by using google or some sort of search. I have been using raven for some time now. Well my problem is I have it installed and the forums I have created on my site work great except when you hit new topic, reply or go to private messages. The page loads (I guess the container the outside) all loads except where the page for reply etc... This happned a few days ago before I even tried upgrading. I thought the patch might fix this but no go. You can read post prior to the error but can't create new topics or reply. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:41 am Reply with quote

This should not happen. So not sure what you did. Are you using RV 2.20.01 with the forums version 2.0.23 ? Make sure you uploaded all files correctly.
Whats your theme style within the forum ?
Try it with fisubice also.

wickedz2000

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:55 am Reply with quote

Yeah I tried with fisubice same thing. I made a new account and still won't load. I reuploaded all of the forum files. Weird. You can have a look at the site at http://nextofkin.darkstargamers.com any help would be great.

Thanks again

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:28 am Reply with quote

Hard to tell anything without error message. I know that there are different issues with your theme but I haven´t heard about your problem before.
Use display_errors = true .Maybe this shows something and don´t forget to set it back to false.

wickedz2000

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:44 am Reply with quote

Thanks! I tried that but nothing is displayed. I will keep messing with it..

wickedz2000

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:17 am Reply with quote

Well over the past few days I have tried everything to get the forums and private messages to work. No luck. I have re uploaded the forums, tried repairing in phpmyadmin, used the cookie script, display_errors = true, reuploaded the private message module, and switched themes.. I am not sure what could be wrong. Short of deleting the entire site and starting over. The weird thing is the forums work until you try to reply, new topic, or send a pm. You can view prior posts though. Any ideas at all? Google returns less then helpful searches.

Thanks again

Mike Confused

EDIT:

I ran the table comparison in the raven nuke download. Would any of this info be helpful?

field types do not match nuke_wiw_m : Base Your table varchar(20)
null status not match nuke_wiw_m : Base Your table YES
field keys do not match nuke_wiw_m : Base Your table
default values do not match nuke_wiw_m : Base Your table No Default
extra options do not match nuke_wiw_m : Base Your table No Extra
field types do not match nuke_wiw_m : Base Your table varchar(20)
null status not match nuke_wiw_m : Base Your table YES
field keys do not match nuke_wiw_m : Base Your table
default values do not match nuke_wiw_m : Base Your table No Default
extra options do not match nuke_wiw_m : Base Your table No Extra

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:54 pm Reply with quote

Really no errors with error reporting on? Anything in your error logs?

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:59 pm Reply with quote

The table comparison results you are seeing are normal. The WIW table gets loaded later after you have installed the product so you can ignore those messages.

The other diagnostic you could try is to turn dblogging on (set in rnconfig) and see if there are any SQL errors in your dblog.

wickedz2000

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:35 am Reply with quote

Well I feel I have officially tried everything at this point other then a fresh install which isn't an option. Up to this point I have tried turning on error reports (nothing), looked in hosting error logs (nothing), tried the cookie script (nothing), tried the fixgroups script (nothing), downgraded the forums to 2.10 (nothing). I can't believe that all of it works up to the point of replying to a post or creating a new post or loading private messages. Is there anything possible I could try to get this working? I am pulling my hair out?!? Seriously though thanks for the help.

twistedcyrus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:45 pm Reply with quote

Wickedz I had the same problem as you when I first installed The newest version of raven nuke. I had to downgrade the forums to phpbb vers 2.0.22 before it worked. I have no idea why that version works but it does for me at least.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:06 pm Reply with quote

Your forums are for registered users only so I cannot even see the forums.
Downgrading your forum is unwise as there were some security fixes you would be removing.

wickedz2000

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:06 pm Reply with quote

I set the permissions so all visitors can access the forums now. I would be willing to downgrade if it fixed the problem. To me security fixes are not useful if you can't even use the product. lol. I just don't get it though. I am not new to nuke but this baffles me to no end. Evil or Very Mad

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:34 pm Reply with quote

Did you say you had re-upoladed your forum theme?
themes/subBlack/forum ??

fkelly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:38 pm Reply with quote

You didn't mention specifically whether you had tried the new dblogging. It may not show anything but it's worth trying. You won't see MYSQL errors thru normal error reporting, you need to look in dblog.

Looking at your page I also noticed that the footer doesn't get loaded when you do new topic. The last thing that appears to get executed is where the themeheader says "blocks(left)" or some variation of that syntax and then mainfile executes the blocks function and several functions that that calls. So, something is definitely dying when your system tries to execute:

Quote:
http://nextofkin.darkstargamers.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=posting&mode=newtopic&f=1

If I were going to put diagnostics in that's where they should go. But I'd try dblog first if I hadn't already.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:26 pm Reply with quote

If I had to guess, I'd say it was your recruitment block.

As I cant be sure that block is the problem, I would disable all left blocks, then I would see if it worked, if it works like that, reenable one at a time to see which block is the problem.

Other then that, we need to get a bit more information, and I'm sorry, but at this point in time, it would seem we need to get ftp and admin access to diagnose this.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:13 am Reply with quote

Holy smokes!!!! fkelly you are right! It was my recruitment block. Good god I drove myself nuts! Thanks! Now to figure out why it did that...

fkelly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:36 am Reply with quote

Sounds to fkelly like it was gregexp who was right Smile ... I was on the right track but he nailed it. Maybe your recruitment block has a SQL error, turn on dblog and see. The instructions are right in rnconfig.php. Then remember to turn it off when you are done fixing things.

gregexp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:35 am Reply with quote

Darn, fkelly, YOUR ALWAYS GETTING CREDIT Laughing only kidding.

Now that you've located the problem, you should go through the code step by step, seeing what works, and what fails.

I ussually start with bits of the code, echo out each variable, see if any of them change from page to page.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic