Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks
montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:32 am Reply with quote

danny234, Yes, it is pretty clear to me that you did not run each of the steps in installSQL.php! You would not have had any of these issues if you had run them all... Bang Head

danny234
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:02 am Reply with quote

I tried to run them but it wouldn't let me get passed step 2 but would do all the other steps so someone who knows more about codes than me set it up for me and added something manually if I could of ran all the steps I would have but something wouldn't let me. Now I'm hit with another problem when I try to look at my site or go to admin it says it's forbidden, it blocked me from doing it giving me that notice about your not authorised by sentinel.

montego

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:14 am Reply with quote

Tell you what, since you really have only just begun with this site, wait for the patch release 2.20.01 which hopefully will fix your installation issues and then let us see what fun we can have. Laughing

danny234

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:42 am Reply with quote

If I carried on with the website and added the patch later would I still have everything in place and working? Can you tell me when the patch is also coming out?
I sorted the blocking problem out it just takes me abit time to sort problems out because I don't know about coding or changing codes etc I just think of a website as running it rather than doing codes for it if you get what I mean lol.

sorry for bothering you anyways.

Danny

montego

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:49 am Reply with quote

You can, but my concern is you have had so many issues that you should not be having, that I have no confidence that your installation is "sound". And so upgrading/patching an already unsound installation doesn't help you.

I guess you can take the chance that everything was patched up properly and see how it goes. Are you saying that you are now 100% operational?

danny234

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:55 am Reply with quote

Well i've not come across any other problems as of yet but I'm sure I will I seem to find a problem everyday lately lol
I just don't like the idea of having to start all over because I did the forums and everything I have 121 tables in my database so hopefully that all there should be if you think there should be more than this then stuff is probably missing for it. When I downloaded the raven nuke from this site I thought it was all going to be easy and have a straight install but I got to step 2 and it wouldn't do anything but someone helped me and installed the user table or something and it worked but yes you maybe right in what your saying. Just the idea of starting again then hitting more problems later on AGAIN puts me off.

Danny

montego

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:05 am Reply with quote

Can certainly understand. Tell you what. If you want to do a structure-only (i.e., table only, no data) dump using phpMyAdmin and send it to me, I will compare it to the RN 2.20.00 base structure for you. You can send it to montego {{AT}} montegoscripts __DOT__ com.

danny234

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:17 am Reply with quote

Thanks, I sent you a pm with the details and link. Hope it helps.

Danny

montego

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:56 am Reply with quote

Just responded. You were also missing the groups field on nuke_modules which would end up messing you up when you went to install new modules. Plus, I am thinking if you tried to set module permissions, it could have also failed on you. Plus, I mention a couple of other steps to take in that PM. Hopefully this will get you fully operational.

I feel better now. Cool

danny234

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:28 am Reply with quote

Thanks Montego Smile I did the steps and it added succesfully I clicked the links like you said in your pm so hopefully everything is alright now, I feel much better to :p

Thanks
Danny

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks

View next topic
View previous topic