Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
blith
Client

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 12:19 pm Reply with quote

65.41.69.56 I even got a user ID. What would that be? Also what should I do? Report them to their abuse contact?

Something doesn't look right? This is the Query string they were trapped for: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] It appears this is a legitimate download request.

blith

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 12:26 pm Reply with quote

I found the problem. That download had the () in the title which triggered the script stopper. I changed them to **. I will have to remember that in the future. I hope that guy isn't mad... Embarassed

BobMarion
Former Admin in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:23 pm Reply with quote

If you explain that he was what we call a "False Positive" he should understand that you only protecting your site as best as you can. We now that there will be a few "False Positives" but we have done our best to keep it to a minimum.

blith

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:49 pm Reply with quote

It seems to have been a download that had the () in the title so the call activated the script Sentinel. Thus I asked the question in SQl on how to remove all the () from download titles in phpMyadmin.. easily.

BobMarion

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:58 pm Reply with quote

To remove ( and ) from download title you will need a simple script that would load each download title, check it for the ( and ), replace them with another character, and then update the db with the new title. I'm taking a rest break for the next day or two so I will see if I can whip up a basic script to do that for you.

blith

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:59 pm Reply with quote

You deserve it! I will work on it also... with Raven's help... hee hee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic