Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues
esttecb
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:25 pm Reply with quote

Hi! How are you? I have a problem with the captcha image.. It's not appear... in IE7 appear a image with a red X and using Firefox nothing appear... I don't understand what's happening.. yesterday It was work fine.

Thank You.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:41 am Reply with quote

What changed? Either you have changed something or possibly your host has. Might be good to ask them. Did they upgrade PHP on you and maybe forgot about GD and FreeType?

rovshan
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:54 pm Reply with quote

OK...... There is the big problem with CAPTCHA......!
Image displays 1 time from 5. It works if image displays. The user have to refresh page several time to get CAPTCHA image displaying !
Due to fact that this create problem for login, I would like kindly ask to help me to find the solution.....

I checked this issue on different hostings and problem rest ! So I don't think that it is special problem ...
BUT Old version with numbers only works fine...!

Do you know the way to minimize requrements to get it works correctly !?

montego

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:10 am Reply with quote

This IS a special problem otherwise we would have this issue plastered all over our forums here. So, no, this is something in your set up. What I am thinking it is is one of three things:

1. A corrupt fonts file in includes/fonts, or

2. You are missing font files in includes/fonts (check against the original download), or

3. You have more files (do you have a thumbs.db?) than what came in the original download (this could mess things up).

jestrella

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:04 am Reply with quote

could be a permission issue...
i did had this issue in my home server for testing. Try to CHMOD 775 all captcha related files

Best Regards
Jonathan Estrella [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
montego

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:45 am Reply with quote

Well, the directory is typically 755 and the files 644. Best to always go with the tighter permissions IMO. But, of course, as this is a home server, maybe you don't need to care... depends upon how exposed it is to the "outside world".

jestrella

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:47 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
Well, the directory is typically 755 and the files 644. Best to always go with the tighter permissions IMO. But, of course, as this is a home server, maybe you don't need to care... depends upon how exposed it is to the "outside world".

ooops! that's what i meant, i must be dreaming of sevens Very Happy

rovshan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:01 am Reply with quote

Thnks for reply

I checked fonts files and even changed used by captcha font in file...... does not work

Did not find this file thumbs.db !? where it should be !? I suggest here images/captcha but there is nothing....!

So I have to use old version of captcha ....... it works fine......But I have another problem with CAPTCHA when ShortLinks option enabled ...

I posted about here : [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

montego

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:24 am Reply with quote

rovshan, I was saying to make sure you only had true font files in the directory that I mentioned above. "thumbs.db" was just an example of a file that could be in there (maybe) and should not be.

What I would suggest is trying to get someone to look at your installation. Unfortunately, I do not have time to do that kind of work, but there are others here which do this to make a little money. Guardian2003 will be back in town within the next day or so and he might be willing to help you out.

I would hate for you to use the old captcha as it provides virtually no help from the true professional spammers (the ones who have the right software).

montego

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:27 am Reply with quote

rovshan, I was saying to make sure you only had true font files in the directory that I mentioned above. "thumbs.db" was just an example of a file that could be in there (maybe) and should not be.

What I would suggest is trying to get someone to look at your installation. Unfortunately, I do not have time to do that kind of work, but there are others here which do this to make a little money. Guardian2003 will be back in town within the next day or so and he might be willing to help you out.

I would hate for you to use the old captcha as it provides virtually no help from the true professional spammers (the ones who have the right software).

rovshan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:08 am Reply with quote

After twice reinstalation of captcha files it seems everything is ok ....

THNKS MONTEGO ......TAKE CARE

montego

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:31 pm Reply with quote

rovshan, sounds to me like your process of getting the files there has flaws. If its FTP you are using, I'd highly recommend FileZilla (free from sourceforge.net) as I have never had an issue with it getting my files where they need to go and not corrupted.

So glad you are up and working as you will find this captcha much better than the original (old) one.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic