Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues
nimis
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:40 am Reply with quote

OK heres my first question and more will come when a reply has come.

Ive downloaded RavenNuke_v2.10.01 and extracted the html folder to my webhotel FTP and ran the INSTALLATION. All went like a dream and the forum is upp and running.
What Iam not sure which version of phpNuke7.x RavenNuke_v2.10.01 is running.

Iam using the subblack theme at the moment that came with the RavenNuke_v2.10.01 package and considering going over to the subblack theme in Platinum 7.6.b4v2.

I want to be able to keep the profiles and posts that presently are when I go over to the subblack theme in Platinum 7.6.b4v2.

Thx in advance

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:29 am Reply with quote

RavenNuke is based on PHP-Nuke 7.6, but has been extensively tested, secured and enhanced. I'm not sure if Platinum modifies the users and / or forums tables, but if not, you should be able to keep all your users and posts.

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:36 am Reply with quote

It sounds like you want to keep RavenNuke, but just use the theme made for Platinum? I think themes are compatible between the two but I'm not totally sure about that. Themes are easy to try out though, so it can't hurt.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:41 am Reply with quote

You'll probably find the theme from platinum includes hacks for the inclusion of bbtonuke mods that comes with Platinum. The theme should work on RN from past experience, but you will need to edit the theme to remove the links etc to the bbtonuke mods.

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:04 pm Reply with quote

Yes, both Nuke Platinum and Nuke Evolution contain a number of Forums mods that affect themes. There might be a similar theme that wasn't modified for Nuke Platinum, which could make moving to RN easier.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:34 pm Reply with quote

nimis wrote:
Iam using the subblack theme at the moment that came with the RavenNuke_v2.10.01 package

This is sort-of an "aside", but just don't want there to be confusion caused by this statement. There is no subblack theme provided with the RavenNuke package. If you have it, where did you download it from?

nimis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:04 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
nimis wrote:
Iam using the subblack theme at the moment that came with the RavenNuke_v2.10.01 package

This is sort-of an "aside", but just don't want there to be confusion caused by this statement. There is no subblack theme provided with the RavenNuke package. If you have it, where did you download it from?

Just back from work..
montego..Sry your completely right.. There aint subblack in the package. Seems Iam loosing some cells up there, age catches on, eventually.
What I did was, I dl the sb and added it to the themes folder.

Iam very pleased with RavenNuke a job well done , our fourm has been up and runnnig for months now and no problems.
Well except for 1 that my members have pointed out to me the other day.
When they log on to the forum they find for ex 6 new posts in 3 diff threads.
Then when they have entered one thread and read a new post there and then exit to the the main forum page the other new posts are not blinking any more. That problem I haven't solved yet.

Why my questions about Raven and Platinum is because my couriosity got ticking and wanted to test Platinum to see what differences there are.
This is why Iam trying to find out if its possible to convert the users and forum tables in Raven so that I can use use em in Platinum.

Hope I haven't gotten yall confused here.. Iam still learning..

Thx again and looking forward to some more feed back.

jakec

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:40 am Reply with quote

Well we are biased, but RN is the more secure, faster and an all round better package.

...but in answer to your question is should be possible to move the users etc over if you wanted to test it out. The best thing to do is to compare the ravennuke database to a platinum one, using something like beyond compare to check what the differences are.

nimis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:20 am Reply with quote

Read up on what you said bout Plat not being as secure and so on as Raven and ur 100% correct.

The chances that I go over to Plat is nill. Iam very pleased with the work that you all have done and looking forward to the next version of RavenNuke 2.2
Btw when will it be avaible?

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:31 am Reply with quote

"Soon". It is in the final stages of testing and quality assurance. We can't be more specific than "soon" though. Each time testing shows something is wrong we need to resolve it and how long that takes depends on the nature of the problem. And there's lots of "latent" bugs in PHPnuke that surface as we go thru all this and unfortunately some of them are complicated to unravel.

nimis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:08 pm Reply with quote

Appreciate the reply and looking forward to the new version which Iam sure will rock.

Thx again

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic