Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.2
blith
Client

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 2:23 pm Reply with quote

Test confirmed. If any of the fields have a ' (single quote) in them it will not forward the submission to the admin. It will give the Submission Received screen but it is in fact not received. This seems to me an issue that needs addressed as we do not know how many files have been submitted if the user is not alerted that it was in fact not submitted. The admin would never know in this case until the user contacted them and says "Why hasn't my file been added?"

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 2:31 pm Reply with quote

Can you give an example of what is not passing because I have tried this with 2 versions and can't duplicate the issue you are having.

I've tried with magicquotes on and off but still haven't duplicated what you described.

re: Whoa
I Just Want to Make it Very Clear Why There are slashes being added to the single quotes and why.

It should be getting passed to the waiting content and slashes should be getting removed on the other side when the stored data is being pulled out.

Now if the waiting content is the issue lets look at that specifically and see what is happening there. Instead of the Downloads module. My guess is its getting stripped out when you actually go to check for the submissions.

Are you running any of the Admin Protection scripts floating around I've heard there is an issue being created like this with one.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 2:32 pm Reply with quote

Why and Why sheesh I must need another cup of coffee.

chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 2:34 pm Reply with quote

Try this, in the Add function find:
Code:
    $title = stripslashes($title);

$url = stripslashes($url);
    $description = stripslashes($description);

Change to:
Code:
    $title = stripslashes(FixQuotes($title));

$url = stripslashes($url);
    $description = stripslashes(FixQuotes($description));

blith

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 2:41 pm Reply with quote

sixonetonoffun wrote:
Can you give an example of what is not passing because I have tried this with 2 versions and can't duplicate the issue you are having.

I did two tests with patched 7.2 from this site. Once in the Title I entered "test's submission" wouldn't work. I entered "tests submission" worked. In the Description field I entered "test's submission" didn't work. I entered "tests submission" it worked.

Chatserv, I am trying your suggestion now.

blith

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 2:47 pm Reply with quote

That seems to work Chatserv. I was reading about those FixQuotes but I do not know enough yet to just throw things in. thank you.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 2:53 pm Reply with quote

Now I get crow for lunch...

No offense Raven.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.2

View next topic
View previous topic