Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues
amber222
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:50 am Reply with quote

How do regular members submit downloads? There is no add downloads link. I seached but couldn't find any threads on this.

I thought maybe the Admin had to add a download first, so I did that through Admin. Now the categories don't show. It says there are 1 download and 5 categories, but there are no links for the categories.

Last edited by amber222 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Susann

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:26 pm Reply with quote

Check d_config of downloads and set $user_adddownload = 1;
As admin you need to create first the downloads categories and description.

express
Client

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:30 pm Reply with quote

What perfect timing, I had that same exact question. Thanks again Susann!

amber222

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quote

Thanks - I didn't know those settings were there. Embarassed

I didn't see any setting for categories. Why did the categories disappear after I added a download? How do I get them back?

Update: I decided to delete the categories and start over. That's when I noticed the main category I had created was no longer listed in Admin- only the sub-categories showed. I created a new main category and moved the 2 downloads to it. Then I deleted all of the sub-categories, but they still show in Admin while the Main category doesn't show. No categories show in the Downloads module. I logged out of Admin, deleted cookies and cache, but it's still the same. Is this a bug?

I went to the database, and all of the sub-categories I had deleted were still there. No sign of the main categories. I deleted everything from the database and went back to Admin and did it over again. I decided to make a test category also. Everything went fine, and all categories showed, so I decided to delete the test category. After doing that, everything was back the way it was - No categories showing in the Downloads Module, and in Downloads Admin, only the sub-categories showed like they were main categories. Deleting them from Admin did no good. I went back to the db and deleted everything again and redid the categories. Everything looks good, but it is obvious I can't delete or modify categories once they are created without doing it from the database.

This is a new installation of Ravennuke, not an update or migration.

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:26 pm Reply with quote

I believe there was a small issue with deleting downloads and subcategories. However, I donĀ“t have a clean install with this module to test this out right now. But I believe Gremmie knows something about this.

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:51 pm Reply with quote

I fixed a bug where if you deleted a sub-category, it would delete all categories. The fix for this should be in 2.10.01 right now. What version of RavenNuke are you having problems with?

amber222

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:36 pm Reply with quote

Using Ravennuke 2.10.01, newly installed in October. This doesn't delete all categories, only the main category. The subcategories remain, and if I delete them, it goes through the motions, but they don't actually get deleted. Maybe I should delete the downloads tables and redo them?

Gremmie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quote

I'm all confused here. Smile

Can you give me an exact sequence of steps to reproduce the problem? Thanks.

amber222

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:55 pm Reply with quote

I uploaded the admin index file again and it seems to be working, so I guess maybe the file was bad.

Thanks.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic