Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes
paradox_h2o

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:36 pm Reply with quote

does anybody know how to make the header fixed, so that it stays on the screen as you scroll down??? if you do can you please inform me of how to do it?

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:25 pm Reply with quote

I believe that I know what you want to do. This is not as easy as you may have hoped, at least in my opinion.

First, you would have to actually make your header be the top of a fixed background. Then you would have to add java code to the theme file in order to make the rest of the site scroll over it.

If there is another way, I am not sure of it. Perhaps someone else might know.

In any event, it would be similar to the way that the Praise theme works on my website. The content scrolls over a fixed background.

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:16 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Then you would have to add java code to the theme file in order to make the rest of the site scroll over it.

Javascript? or Java. Big difference. I'm just asking.

jaded

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:12 am Reply with quote

I meant javascript. Thanks for noticing that. I overlooked it. Sometimes an extra minute or two would help, lol.

paradox_h2o

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:05 am Reply with quote

i appreciate the input......
the look that i am going for is to have the rest of the site scroll under the header, not over it....i have an idea of how to make this work but i'm not that fluent in html, php or java script.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes

View next topic
View previous topic