Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
janeuk
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:25 pm Reply with quote

Hi,
I have a fresh install and have decided to use the Anagram theme. In the forum I read a topic that said that all of these following themes had been made Html 4.01 compliant in Ravennuke 2.10 - Fisubice, 3dFantasy, Anagram, Deepblue, Extralite, Nukenews, Odyssey, Slash, SlashOcean, Sunset. I ran my site trying out each of the themes through the W3C validator, and only about 3 or 4 of those themes showed as being compliant. The Anagram theme has 9 errors, 8 are all linked to this piece of code shown below and I have no idea how to fix it, please could someone help me with this as I'd like to get the theme compliant before I do any changes to the theme.

echo '<br/>'
.'<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="10" width="780" border="0" align="center" bgcolor="#eeeeee">'
.'<tr>'
.'<td bgcolor="#eeeeee">'

The validator shows this part of the above code
ng="10" width="780" border="0" align="center" bgcolor="#eeeeee"><tr><td bgcol..

with these error messages

Line 39, Column > 80: XML Parsing Error: attributes construct errorLine 39, Column > 80: XML Parsing Error: Couldn't find end of Start Tag select line 39
Line 39, Column > 80: XML Parsing Error: Opening and ending tag mismatch: font line 39 and select.
Line 39, Column > 80: XML Parsing Error: Opening and ending tag mismatch: form line 39 and font
Line 39, Column > 80: XML Parsing Error: Opening and ending tag mismatch: td line 39 and form
Line 39, Column > 80: XML Parsing Error: Opening and ending tag mismatch: tr line 39 and td.
Line 39, Column > 80: XML Parsing Error: Opening and ending tag mismatch: table line 39 and tr.
Line 39, Column > 80: XML Parsing Error: Opening and ending tag mismatch: body line 39 and table

The other error was this
Line 57, Column > 80: XML Parsing Error: Opening and ending tag mismatch: html line 3 and body.

…rget="_blank" href="HowToInstall/credits.php"> RavenNuke&trade; TEAM</a></fon…

Thanks for any help Smile
Jane

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:56 pm Reply with quote

Jane,

We are looking into this and hope to have an answer soon.

janeuk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:09 am Reply with quote

Thanks, thats great and thank you so much for all your hard work! I just re-read the topic I wrote and what I said was wrong, I should have said it was about 3 or 4 themes that were not compliant, not that were, sorry about that, too many late nites! Smile

Jane

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:36 am Reply with quote

Jane, I will look into it and get back to you. I know that last winter I ran all the themes that I said are compliant thru the Validator many times but I will have to look again. I'm up to my eyeballs in some other stuff so it may take a couple of days.

One thing to be aware of: the theme itself can be compliant in that it generates no errors but if non-compliant data is presented the resulting page will not validate. We came across a number of instances where non compliant data was stored in MYSQL tables (say a news article prepared incorrectly) and when that is presented on the screen there is nothing the theme can do to fix it. I'm not saying that's the case here, I will have to look and see.

One thing you could try on your own, run the same page thru fisubice and see if it validates and get back to us. If that doesn't validate it would be a pretty good indicator that it's the data that we have to deal with.

fkelly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:08 am Reply with quote

This forum seems to be going klablooey, so I'll post this in Quick Reply.

I don't know how this error got in there but there is indeed an error in /anagram/theme.php.

To fix it, find a line that reads
Code:
    echo '<select name="new_topic"onchange="submit()">'

Should be about line 124. You need a space after "new_topic" and before onchange.

Code:
    echo '<select name="new_topic" onchange="submit()">'

It seems like that little bit of weirdness caused a cascading series of errors in the theme. When I made that one change, the theme validated but give it a look.

Thanks for reporting this. And for giving me something else to do between now and the release of 2.20. Smile

fkelly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:05 pm Reply with quote

Sunset, check.
Slashocean, check
Slash, check
Odyssey, check
Nukenews check
Deepblue check (but I have customized mine)
3dFantasy, check
fisubice, check
Extralite, check

I just went back thru all the themes above on my "production" site which is running 2.10 (actually it's pretty close to 2.20) and all the themes above validated on the home page. Note: I had to correct some html that I'd put into the opening message but that is totally independent of the theme. If you put non-compliant text into a message or article or elsewhere it is not going to validate no matter what Nuke does.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic