Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x
corpse
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:48 am Reply with quote

Okay, I am running phpnuke 7.9 with the latest 3.3 patch and I am also running Nuke Sentinal. Well I have had it installed for a week or so now. And up till now I havent had this problem, probally I guess I have a tendacy not to log out of being admin. Well today I logged out and I went to log back in. So I tried logging in and the normal popup for the sentinal login poped up and I entered my user name and password and then it redirected me to my normal Nuke admin loging, so I logged and I was able to see the ACP. While in the ACP, I clicked on Sentinal Icon and it brought me back to the Nuke admin login area. Well I logged back in and it brought me back to the ACP. Tried a few other blocks and moduels and the same thing. It just keeps bringing me in circles. Is there a way I can fix this or shut down sentinal?

I also notticed this is messing up the vwar modual I have by displaying this in the "My Account" area.

Code:
htth

vwnukeuserid=
n= 0
row[password] 760d8042c32649abc54h5fg8ab566298c!!!
username = coRpSE
ismember = 1
You are not allowed to view the controle panel
vwar

Dont worry, the Password was changed.

Sentinal was the last thing I installed and it was all working befor sentinal.

corpse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:55 am Reply with quote

I wanted to note even though I didn't logout of the Admin area of the phpNuke, Sentinel still required me to log in through the popup after so much time elapsed.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:06 am Reply with quote

It sounds like something got screwed up with your installation of Sentinel. Reason I say this is because you said:

Quote:
While in the ACP, I clicked on Sentinal Icon and it brought me back to the Nuke admin login area

There is a link "hidden" beneath that icon that should take you to Sentinel administration. It sounds like the link is wrong ... you might want to try to recopy the Sentinel files from the Sentinel distribution. You didn't say what version of Sentinel by the way. I don't know anything about vwar (nor do I want to) but it is possible that it has made some changes that are messing you up also.

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:10 am Reply with quote

As an aside, vWar has been known to have serious security holes in it in the past. I do not know if they have been fixed. A gaming clan I was helping got hacked via vWar.

PHrEEkie
Subject Matter Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:55 am Reply with quote

The Sentinel login is a server-side auth as opposed to Nuke Admin's cookie. Therefore, your cookie can remain valid, but if you close your browser session, then create a new one, the server pop-up will require a new login. Here's a couple of examples:

You login to admin area and get a server pop-up, then are allowed to login to Nuke Admin and get a cookie login.

You log out of Nuke Admin but keep the browser open. You then go back to Admin area. There will be no server pop-up (your browser cookie is still valid), and you are taken directly to Nuke Admin login page.

You do NOT logout of Nuke Admin, but close your browser. You open a new browser and go back to Nuke Admin. You get a server pop-up (you need a new cookie for this browser session). After logging in via the pop-up, you immediately get the Nuke ACP (no Nuke Admin page login is necessary, because your Nuke Admin cookie is still valid).

I cannot help with your login loop issue. There are too many things that might be going wrong to just start guessing...

PHrEEk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:24 pm Reply with quote

Okay, I am running NukeSentinel 2.5.13.

my Backup core files have been deleated cause I had a virus on my hard drive which I had to wipe, and basically all files were lost on that backup hard drive.

Is there no way, either through the sql or anything I can shut it off? Or should I backward reverse all the files and maybe figure out some of the custom edits I had to do.

(edit) Tried that and I came up with an error throughout my site, something on a line in the mainfile.php.

(edit) Just checked, the link under the Nuke Sentinel icon brings me here, /admin.php?op=ABMain . But the look I see is for the nuke admin login, so I retype my name and password, and it starts the loop again, right back to the ACP.

PHrEEkie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:43 pm Reply with quote

See my response in this post:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

See if that works

PHrEEk

corpse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:07 pm Reply with quote

PHrEEkie wrote:
See my response in this post:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

See if that works

PHrEEk

Okay, I tried that. Didn't work. I think it has to do something with the admin.php or something to do with the admin system on the phpnuke, The reason I say that is I can click on any of the icons in the ACP, and by the URL, it would be as if I am viewing what ever I tried going to, example, [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
but all I would see is the admin login...
The only other thing I added that was just before I added the nuke was the Nuke Treasury. But that was before the sentinel and it also has no core edits.

**EDIT**
I also think I reversed the edits on the core file, I got it to the point where it removed the sentinel. but, I still had problems with the admin section looping as it has been.

fkelly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:56 pm Reply with quote

Just to confirm (and sorry if it's obvious), when you hover over, say Forums, in the ACP you see the link showing as mysite.com/admin.php?op=forums. That's the way it should be. If so, then what's happening is that ... well, when you click on this it does cycle back thru admin.php looking for that op. It should find that op in the case file for forums and take you to forums admin. But probably when you are cycling back to admin.php it is not detecting you as logged in. So it is asking you to login again. That's just a somewhat informed guess.

What I'd look for first is a cookie issue. There should be a cookie set for yoursite.com and the cookie name should be admin. Take a look and see if that's there. Maybe you have cookies turned off or something like that? Sorry I know we are sending you back thru some of the same things but I don't have anything else to suggest.

corpse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:12 pm Reply with quote

fkelly wrote:
What I'd look for first is a cookie issue. There should be a cookie set for yoursite.com and the cookie name should be admin. Take a look and see if that's there. Maybe you have cookies turned off or something like that? Sorry I know we are sending you back thru some of the same things but I don't have anything else to suggest.

I just looked, I do have a cookie called admin, just looked. For a test I deleted the cookie and tried reloging in. and it denied me, nor did it write a new cookie and yes I have it allowed to write cookies.

corpse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:30 pm Reply with quote

corpse wrote:
fkelly wrote:

I just looked, I do have a cookie called admin, just looked. For a test I deleted the cookie and tried reloging in. and it denied me, nor did it write a new cookie and yes I have it allowed to write cookies.

Hrm... I don't know what i did but I fixed it. I was able to find the backup files from 2 weeks ago and swaped them, then I went in and fixed the errors I was having befor from the last edit. Then I reset my server, and debuged me database. Cleaned out any unnecessary stuff. Then I did a system restor on my PC and went back to befor I had the virus and started back to that date. and everything works.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x

View next topic
View previous topic