Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues
Susann

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:34 am Reply with quote

Thats the first time I found a new user in that table with the same name and same e-mail + same password only the ID is different.
In UserInfoAddon it shows also the duplicate name (would be interesting wich of the 2 names I should delete there) and when I search for this user name within the administration I got only one result e.g. ID 12051 but I know ID 12052 is he too.
Don´t know why this is possible and it isn´t a problem to delete both entries directly in the db because one more user or less doesn´t matter but its strange.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:40 pm Reply with quote

I see some hickups on the tables occasionally adding duplicates. I think something hickups and the request is sent twice simultaneously. If the users table isn't locked, then it does two table inserts and both resolve fine because the username isn't unique - only the user ID which is auto-generated.

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Susann

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:15 pm Reply with quote

I ve never heard about hickups found the english word hiccups and quess you are right with this because I couldn´t find any other reason for this behavior in the database. I checked the logs and there is nothing special.

He only tried to create later a second account but with an other nick.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:49 am Reply with quote

Susann wrote:
He only tried to create later a second account but with an other nick.

Probably because he could not log in with the original one given I am not sure nuke can handle the duplicate? (No, have not checked the code... just a guess.)

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:40 pm Reply with quote

I deleted the duplicate entry.I ´don´t wory about this anymore because its just one abnormal entrie from thousands of correct entries in this table.
Maybe it was a fake user registration. Don´t know. I just find it a bit hard to controll all the daily registration.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic