Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues
psychoses
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:18 pm Reply with quote

I'm thinkin on switching to RavenNuke from PhpNuke 8.1 ... But 1st things 1st ... I have a few (6) themes I adore and can't live without ... The Effectica themes (I paid alot for them) ... Can I use them in RavenNuke ? Plus Are all PhpNuke Themes compatible with RN ? If not I would like to know where I can get RN Compatible Themes ... 10x

REPLY ASAP ...
The Longer my site is offline the more users will want to leave ... Sad

psychoses

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:42 pm Reply with quote

10 views and no answer? what a team Razz .... all i wanna know is is RN really that much better than PhpNuke?!?!?!?!?!?

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm Reply with quote

Generally Nuke themes are compatible with Ravennuke. There's a list of the themes that are bundled with Ravennuke in a sticky here. You might need to adjust some of the themes, especially for the advertising banner at the top. Otherwise you should be okay but no one can give a blanket guarantee without actually testing the themes.

Generally RN focused on core core stuff like efficiency, HTML 4.01 compliance and security, rather than flashy stuff like themes with fancy graphics. We also fixed many outright bugs in PHPnuke but certainly not all.

psychoses

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quote

But as I read in the about section RN is based on an older version of PhpNuke ... Is it more stable than the actual PhpNuke 8.1 ? And I hate Add-Ons ... So you won't see me adding any ... 10x for the reply ... Also I have 2 forums currently running IPB & vBulletin and I don't waht the weak PhpBB in my upload can I dissmiss it ?

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:11 pm Reply with quote

psychoses wrote:
.... all i wanna know is is RN really that much better than PhpNuke?!?!?!?!?!?

Yes.

Themes "should" work, but you may encounter small differences. RN is now using XHTML transitional and older themes may need to be tweaked for such things as centering issues.

psychoses

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:19 pm Reply with quote

"Tweak" like how? I'm n00b to RN so please give me an example of "Tweaking" 10x ... Much appreciated ....

Gremmie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:57 pm Reply with quote

Adding align="center" attributes to <td> tags, for example.

psychoses

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:04 pm Reply with quote

ok 10x ... will be in touch ... uploading RN now ... 26MB on a 16kbps upload connection gonna take awhile Wink

fkelly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:34 pm Reply with quote

RN comes with PHPBB built in. I hope you aren't uploading that if you don't want it. Some of the installation routines also load PHPBB tables. You'll need to edit those out or delete the tables afterwards. There is other "stuff" in RN that presupposes PHPBB ... for instance some of the fields in the users table and some of the themes that come with supporting templates for PHPBB. You'll have to ignore or get rid of that too. But I think that's much the same as Nuke 8.1.

Doulos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:56 pm Reply with quote

psychoses wrote:
10 views and no answer? what a team Razz .... all i wanna know is is RN really that much better than PhpNuke?!?!?!?!?!?

10 views with a user base as large as this forum is nothing. They could have all been noobs like me.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:18 am Reply with quote

.. or they could equally have been bots!

fkelly and Gremmie have given you the best advice regarding compatibility.
Raven Nuke is based on phpNuke version 7.6 but as the banners module has always been a little weak, we replaced it with the Advertising module in nuke 7.9+ so provided your theme was written for nuke 7.9+ that paticular bit shouldn't be a problem.
If your theme wasn't written for nuke 7.9+ then the changes you need to make, you would have to make any way Smile

fkelly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:22 am Reply with quote

I am just looking at some Your Account code (developing a hack to make it easier to find a user to change or delete) and I'm not sure that you are not headed for a world of trouble if you don't use PHPBB. As I say "I'm not sure" but, for instance, when you go in to delete a user the Your Account code goes thru all the Forums tables deleting that user also. If those tables aren't there ... well I'm not sure what the results would be. At best there will be a lot of SQL errors behind the scenes and at worst your system will just not work. Maybe there is someone running Nuke without running the PHPBB integration part and they can allay my concerns.

psychoses

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:39 am Reply with quote

No man I just kept all the files and changed the forum "index.php" file deleted all contents and added .. :

Quote:

if ( !defined('MODULE_FILE') ) { die('You can\'t access this file directly...'); }

Header('Location: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
die()

so now it redirects to my Main forum ... Whereas I installed "Sommaire" for a more customizable menu Razz

10x for all your replies ....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic