Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHP
t_henson
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:24 pm Reply with quote

i am looking for a way to automatically generate thumbnails on a page from a certain directory and make the thumbnails clickable into larger pictures. most of you may say to just download a gallery module, which would make sense, but its just not what i am looking for. i dont like the look of most galleries, and i dont need all the extra options. i do photography for auto shows and i sometimes have hundreds of pictures and it would be nice to just ftp a whole folder to my server, and have a script turn those fullsize pictures into clickable thumbnails.

i have found what i am looking for here (just click drop-in gallery) [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

but i am having trouble making it compatible with phpnuke. if anyone would be willing to help me convert or help me out at all that would be great.

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:49 pm Reply with quote

You'd have to convert it to a module to work with Nuke. See the Nuke How-To for a tutorial on module creation.

I'm not sure I'd like the idea of having a gallery dynamically create thumbnails on every page access. That's pretty server intensive especially if you have a large site or a lot of crawler traffic. It would be better if it could save the resulting HTML in a file or database. But then you may be better off using an offline tool (like a perl or python script) to generate HTML pages from a directory of images.

Edit: Or also consider something like Picassa, Photoshop, etc, to create gallery html pages for you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHP

View next topic
View previous topic