Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Conversion Issues From Standard phpNuke
Susann

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:31 am Reply with quote

I´m not 100 % sure if this problem is really a conversation issue it could also be something with dynamic titles or anything else.
My theme in the past was DeepBlue but I´m using in RavenNuke fisubice and I noticed that the stories from read more are displayed without break in searchengines like Google and also in my RSS Reader (from backend.php). There is no space between two words.
All my stories from the last years are written with title of course and the text
started usally with one word in tags e.g. <b> afterthat followed a <br>.I ´ve changed the br to <br /> for some stories but I have still the same problem.
Who noticed the same issue ? How to fix this ?

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:48 am Reply with quote

Not sure why that's happening. Did you try inserting a space and br tag at the beginning of the read more content?

Susann

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:35 am Reply with quote

No, there isn´t a space or a break.
But I found out how to fix this problem.I need 2 breaks directly after the bold text and this wasn´t a issue in the past I´m quite sure.
Maybe its the theme.

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:38 pm Reply with quote

You could always try switching back to the other theme to test it.

Susann

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:01 pm Reply with quote

I can not use my old DeepBlue theme because its not XHTML valid but I have changed the theme in my account and using DeepBlue there is still no space between 2 words within the text.
Without bold words all is well and using to breaks after b or strong tags there is also no problem. I´m not using an editor. So I quess I´m busy the next weeks to edit all previous articles.

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:13 pm Reply with quote

You could modify the them to force a space or br... Seems that would be easier than modifying all your stories.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:33 pm Reply with quote

Whatever happened with this?

Susann

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:09 pm Reply with quote

Its not completely fixed. I just don´t have the time to edit over 200 news through the db.I can show you an example but not a public link.

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:51 am Reply with quote

I was hoping you were going to say that you "tweaked your theme"... bummer.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:15 am Reply with quote

Deepblue in RN 2.10 is xhtml compliant. Or if it's not I'd appreciate your posting the errors you see. If there are xhtml errors in the actual content the theme can do nothing about that.

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:22 am Reply with quote

Susann wrote:
I noticed that the stories from read more are displayed without break in searchengines like Google and also in my RSS Reader (from backend.php). There is no space between two words.

fkelly, I am not sure this is a compliance question (could be wrong). Something real goofy is going on here and I just can't put a finger on it in my mind. I am not sure if it is code in-between two content fields or if the problem is within the embedded content.

I know that Susann is fixing her data, but is this being done inside the content, or at the beginning or end. If its at the beginning or end, then it could still be a theme issue or news code issue. Something we have not considered.

Susann

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:02 am Reply with quote

Fkelly its really a strange problem. I´ll PM you later some links of my News from my personal website.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Conversion Issues From Standard phpNuke

View next topic
View previous topic