Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
kittyprrrs
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:31 pm Reply with quote

So, now my brother wants this "WoWItems" database installed only, the codes I am about to enter are beyond my comprehension. Could someone look over the codes and tell me if there is any:

Here is the link I am refering to: *sorry if this is not allowed* [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

1. CAUTIONS or REDFLAGS visible....
2. What this do to the original codes...

Also, the part about the overall_header.tpl

find: body_bgcolor "part" I don't even have it in my overall_header.tpl file **UPDATE: Unless it is under my modules/forums/subsilver/overall_header.tpl....is this what he is refering to?****. Not sure of where to I stick the code.

I know this is not a troubleshooting for third party scripts but I wanted to know in your expertise, whether or not this is "questionable" or "advisable".

The guy who wrote the "code" is not responding to e-mails.

Thanks in advance for any assitance....

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:46 pm Reply with quote

I looked at the link you provided. I looked at how the wowitems worked. It could be "cool" -- but to answer your other question it looks "questionable". If you are not getting support from the author and you are not into code hacking at a pretty deep level yourself this is likely to create all sorts of problems over time, even assuming that you can get it working at first.

The author of the page you linked us to seems pretty "expert". But if he's not going to support it and reply you might be better off leaving it alone. Just my 2 cents.

kittyprrrs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:28 pm Reply with quote

That is what I was thinking too! I mean, I'm so at the bottom *think slime at the bottom side of the barrel, you know...the underside...slime...goo* of knowledge and when I was looking at the code, I was thinking "oh...another javascript". What my brother doesn't understand is this:

1. He's on a military base. No JS allowed, No Flash allowed, No deletion of cookies and such

2. He has NO understanding of how a site is built or ran or...well, php was "Is that a drug?" comment from him from the beginning.

I'm bummed cause it looked like a really awesome code *rollover to highlighted words within the forum post and it automatically pops up what the item's damage hit points and energy levels are [no, I don't play WoW. I rather buy diapers at 30 bucks a month!], speed...etc. However, if the person who created the code is not good at responding to e-mails then, why post his code for general use at all? I'm sure he gets mail like this all the time.

Oh well, I guess the worst I can do is try right? I mean, I can always go back and delete the codes if it doesn't work......

I think I am on the right path that I have to alter the:

modules/forums/subsilver/overall_header.tpl

file at the last part of "body_bgcolor...." what are your thoughts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic