Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> MySQL
Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:57 am Reply with quote

So I was hacking on GCalendar the other day and I came up with this cool SQL query that compared a varchar(255) field in one table with a varchar(255) field in another table. However the query failed because the collation in the nuke_users table was somehow set to Swedish, and the one in my GCalendar table was using the default Latin.

I have no idea why but several varchar fields in my nuke_users table are using a Swedish collation. I don't know if they originally got created that way using the Nuke 7.9 install script, or they somehow got changed that way when I converted to RavenNuke (due to my own mysqldiff script).

Anyway, that sort of kills the query I wrote, because there are probably others that may be in the same boat. This was the first time I encountered this. Any thoughts on this? Does anyone else have wacky Swedish collations?

I can break up my query into two queries and work around this. But it was frustrating to see see this cool query get broken because of something dumb like this.

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:35 pm Reply with quote

All i know about the collation is that it isn´t so important like I thought first its used by order by. I did´t have the option to change the collation in the past but all my websites are transfered to a new server and since that time I can change it.
In Nuke users table I have for all nuke sites latin1_swedish_ci.
Gremmie there you´ll find much more about collation: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Gremmie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:41 pm Reply with quote

Yeah I know what it is in general, I just wondered why FB used a Swedish collation?

Or perhaps this got messed up somehow and wasn't originally Swedish? Does anyone else have Swedish collations in their nuke tables?

(Insert Swedish Chef from the muppets joke here - bork bork bork)

In any event it says to me that module authors can't reliably compare char fields for tables they don't control...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> MySQL

View next topic
View previous topic