Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues
quazyguy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:49 pm Reply with quote

I have just recently started getting the "Your attention please" invalid IP error. I was not having any problems and it just started today. I did some searching, but only found one for other users. This only happens from inside my own network. I get the IP Client: None and I am behind a router. But I was not having this problem before. Could it be because I am trying to setup the .htaccess stuff?

firstwiseman
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:10 pm Reply with quote

Sure it could. If you do it incorrectly you could ban yourself.

Did you use RavenNuke's HowToInstall instructions? They're very clear about setting .htaccess up. Just point your browser to:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and follow the step by step directions.

quazyguy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:28 pm Reply with quote

I walked through the setup exactly as it is in there. Even when I turn off Admin Auth, it still will not let me access it from my home PC's. So much fun, so little time to fit it all in.

firstwiseman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:15 pm Reply with quote

Try this .... look at your .htaccess file and see if, near the bottom, your ip address is showing up as banned. If not, go into the tables for the database (phpmyadmin to mysql most often) and look at the banned IP addresses and see if yours is one of them. If it is you could delete that record in the tables.

Last edited by firstwiseman on Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total 
Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:47 pm Reply with quote

Are you getting Invalid IP address or Invalid Client? The Invalid IP one is easy to deal with if you turn off that check in rnconfig.php

$bypassNukeSentinelInvalidIPCheck = true;

quazyguy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:39 pm Reply with quote

Ok, it says to only use when testing locally, not in a production environment. I am in both. is it bad to turn it off?

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:49 pm Reply with quote

You may need to the latest IP2Country data as well

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
quazyguy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:55 pm Reply with quote

i just installed 2.0.10. where would i get more updated ip2country? i dont have the cities in there tho, cause of a problem i had when doing the database.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quote

quazyguy wrote:
Ok, it says to only use when testing locally, not in a production environment. I am in both. is it bad to turn it off?

Please search for this variable in the forums to get some opinions / see old discussions about this issue. I run a production site with it turned off because it produces too many false positives in my experience.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:55 pm Reply with quote

quazy, are you saying that your production site is on your local machine, meaning its hosted on your network?

If that is the case, then it will ALWAYS return an invalid ip unless you turn the check off, which will allow unwanted guests to intrude.

Please verify, because if this is the case, I will create a workaround for you, Just need to be sure that is the case, thanks.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic