Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.8
shotokan
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:30 am Reply with quote

I have been reported issues with the download modules and also some blocks not working.

After a few tentatives and error aproach i found that i am having a issue since last friday that almost everything that point to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (my root) is having issues but if i change these blocks or my download files to my test site [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] they will all work.

This was all fine until i install the NSentinel last friday where i think i might have screwup some setting that now is messing up my download module and blocks.

I have already checked the prefferences and it is pointed to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and also have turned off the NS force nukeURL so i don;t know what is causing this weird behaviour on my main site. What would be causing it? any ideas? Please help?

Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:52 pm Reply with quote

Let's start by figuring out where your nuke root really is. What directory is mainfile.php in? And config.php? Also, if you can use phpmyadmin to look at your nuke_config table then post back here what it says the value of the nukeurl field is.

You might also tell us what version of Sentinel you were installing and on what version of Nuke.

shotokan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:10 pm Reply with quote

fkelly wrote:
Let's start by figuring out where your nuke root really is. What directory is mainfile.php in? And config.php? Also, if you can use phpmyadmin to look at your nuke_config table then post back here what it says the value of the nukeurl field is.

You might also tell us what version of Sentinel you were installing and on what version of Nuke.

Ok.
My files mainfile.php, config.php are all under my nike root directory with is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

The nuke_config table on the field nukeurl says [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I am running nuke 7.8 patched 3.3 and Sentinel 2.5.08

fkelly

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:15 pm Reply with quote

Okay, good start. Now, you said:

Quote:
s having issues but if i change these blocks or my download files to my test site [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] they will all work

What exactly do you mean by that and what did you do. Give us an example of a block that you changed and tell us how you changed it. Your block files should be in: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Nothing about Sentinel should have changed that.

shotokan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:15 pm Reply with quote

Here it goes

Below you find a block that is not getting any content to be shows right now.
Code:

<?php

include ('blocks/config-PsychoNuke-Fun.php');
  $type = 'players';
  $sort = 'kills';
  $order = 'desc';
  $limit = 10;

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  // DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE
  //------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$ps2file = 'pn-smalltopten';

if (substr($nukeURL, strlen($nukeURL)-1, 1) != '/')
    $nukeURL .= '/';

$content = file_get_contents("$nukeURL" . "modules.php?name=$module_name&isBlock=1&ps2file=$ps2file&type=$type&limit=$limit&sort=$sort&order=$order");
?>

And here is the config file the block reads
Code:

<?php

// specify the URL of where your PHP-Nuke site is located
//  $nukeURL = 'http://www.n00bfest.com/';
  $nukeURL = 'http://www.n00bfest.com/aceite/';

// specify the name of the module that the version of PsychoNuke is called that you want
  // to use for the blocks
  $module_name = 'PsychoNuke_Fun';

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  // DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE
  //--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if (!function_exists('file_get_contents')) {
    function file_get_contents($file) {
      $v = file($file);
      return ($v) ? implode('', $v) : false;
    }
  }
?>

So if you look the config file towards the top i changed the pointer to my test site in order for this block to work. You will notice my main site commented and the test site setup instead.

Another example is that all my download file url right now is pointed to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and if you try any of them it will be broken. If i cahnge that url to be [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] the file download will work too.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:44 am Reply with quote

shotokan, is this now solved by turning off the "Force Nuke URL" in NukeSentinel(tm)?

shotokan

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:45 am Reply with quote

No. Unfortunatelly not. It did solve the forums e-mail link problem i was having though but bhe block still not showing and the downloads still been broke

shotokan

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:46 pm Reply with quote

Now i realized another wierd thing. Why can't i remove the .htaccess on my test site if i have disbled the sentinel completely?

When i delete the .htaccess file from the test site my block on the main site that points to the test site stop working.

I really think i am having some sort of htacess issues here after the NS installation and i would really need some help as to fix this.

shotokan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:49 pm Reply with quote

I found it !!!

I finally found what was preventing my block to work and at the end it really had to do after installing Sentinel.

Look at the time of my last post. I have been doing tentative and error, comparing every single .php file from my old versio of the site before NS and the current one and at the end the issue is indeed the .htaccess. The problem is i don;t know what change should i do to work around this.

Let me tell you what i did. I just copy my entire site to another directory and removed the .htacess from there and still the blocks does not work but when i edited the .htacess and left only "allow from all" in it and vuallla.... the blocks now works.

The problem here is how i work around this???? The NS still needs the .htaccess but it is preventing my stats block to work??? Can someone please give some light???

Thanks,

montego

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:54 pm Reply with quote

You have not posted the contents of your .htaccess file previously, so it is a bit tough to know what you have in there that could be causing this. I just cannot see how the originally provided .htaccess file from NukeSentinel would cause this. Can you post about 10 lines above and 10 lines below the line that you changed (prior to the change)?

shotokan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:50 am Reply with quote

Montego, I am sorry i gorget that this content was in the previous thread on the nukesentinel remember?

Anyway here it is.

Code:

<Files 403.shtml>
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Files>

# -------------------------------------------
# Start of NukeSentinel(tm) admin.php Auth
<Files .staccess>
deny from all
</Files>
<Files admin.php>
<Limit GET POST PUT>
require valid-user
</Limit>
AuthName "Restricted by NukeSentinel(tm)"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /home/jn00bfes/public_html/.staccess
</Files>

# End of NukeSentinel(tm) admin.php Auth

Options All -Indexes

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^signature.gif /signature.php
RewriteRule ^signature.jpg /signature.php
RewriteRule ^signature.png /signature.php

# Here Start all the Banned People
AddType application/x-httpd-php .buhtzex
<<admin removed the banned IP addresses>>

I realize i need to "Allow" the block code to run now otherwise it won't get the content but if i add "allow from all" here my .htaccess will be worthless right?

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:00 am Reply with quote

Try moving the line "Options All -Indexes " to the very top of your .htaccess file.

Just out of curiousity, which line do you comment out and the block starts working again?

shotokan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:24 pm Reply with quote

I removed all lines and added only "allow from all" and this will make the blocks to work normal. But if i leave the way it is today or even delete the .htaccess file the block won't work.

EDIT: By the way adding that line to the top of the file like you said also did not work.

montego

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:08 am Reply with quote

Hopefully you "moved the line" rather than "adding that line"...

Anyways, this is really strange. I would have sworn, too, that you said this issue is occurring only in your primary domain. Is that truly sitting at your Apache web root or is this down a level? The reason I ask is that it sure sounds like you have an .htaccess file that is above this one causing these denials.

I just can't see anything in your posted .htaccess above that would cause an issue like this. Your deny statements are within specific Files directives which means only files matching those patterns will be denied... it just doesn't make sense to me.

shotokan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:14 am Reply with quote

Yes i know what you mean but the fact is this is happening.

I though the problem was on the main(root) domain only but this was because the other sub-domain had an .htaccess file with the "allow from all" only and i did not know that was the cause at that time.

Somehow i need to know how can i allow only the block files without using the "allow from all" otherwise the .htacess would be not much of use right?

One thing i can tell you for sure. I had this .htaccess like that bofore installing NS and the blocks were fine the only change i made was to add the NS part on the file and the NS installation itself.

montego

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:29 am Reply with quote

shotokan, unfortunately, I cannot help you any longer. I just have a sneaking suspicion that the issue is a host issue with regards to some settings related to the "Files" directive in .htaccess. You had better ask them about it.

Those directives are specific to three files and nothing else, so why they would be impacting anything else is beyond me.

shotokan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:15 am Reply with quote

I see what you saying and since you such a nice guy I will stand by it for now, but when i got the real reason i will post it here.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:55 pm Reply with quote

Thanks, shotokan - posting a follow up will help everyone. We appreciate it!

shotokan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:30 pm Reply with quote

As i promissed here it is, but it's not as simple as it seems.

The problem really started after Nuke Sentinel was installed on my site, because for some reason
righ after the NS installation I went ot my site to test and i realized the NS "default" screen was showing up where it was
suppose to be a block. So i figure that block code has some sort of issue and end up blocking my own site.

Then i went to forums and they instruct me to remove my website IP from the tables via phpMyAdmin and
add my website IP on the protected range Ip's to avoid future cases and so I did.

Weel after doing all that i notice the protect range worked because my site wasn't blocked anymore but
that block that caused the issue from the beggining was not working anymore and was saying "there
is no content for this block"

After a lot of thoughts ad now with a little bit more experience on NS i remembered that when i was told
to remove my ip from the tables they never said anything of removing it from the .htaccess if i had it set
to "yes". Well it turns out my website IP was in the "deny" cluases of my .htaccess contents. So after i found
out that and remoe my ip from there the block started working right away.

At the end by having my own website ip into my .htaccess deny clause was only making this one block not to work and that's why i caused to be so difficult to find it.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:28 pm Reply with quote

To be honest, that is probably the WEIRDEST problem I have ever seen, I mean seriously, I think you just took the cake, How in the world did Sentinel Bann your websites ip?

Ohh boy, this is actually going to be fun to try to debug, I cant even think of one reason besides some SERIOUSLY bad code causing it.

I'm glad you got it resolved but Boy oh boy thats new.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:20 am Reply with quote

gregexp, his block code must be using some type of URL get against a nuke file, which brought in mainfile.php, which kicked off the sentinel.php checks, which then didn't like something. Don't know for sure, but that is my guess.

shotokan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:15 pm Reply with quote

Montego that's exactly it. The block calls a function get_content passing a whole URL as a parameter which goes back to the mainfile.php as you said. So after the installation was complete and I launched my site for the first time this code banned my own IP as explained already and after removing from the DB it was lft on the .htaccess file creating this whole mess for me.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.8

View next topic
View previous topic