Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks
montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:07 am Reply with quote

frisp, any chance you would be willing to host a download for this? If not, I would be willing to do that. This has come up several times before and I personally have wanted to do this as well.

frisp
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:10 pm Reply with quote

Sure thing, will upload and post a link. Not sure how good the coding is though, these were done as my 1st coding attempts Razz

I have both scrolling and nonscroll versions of the block. Will add both in. Although coded for the Helius theme, iirc, your theme SHOULD overwrite the colour preferences, or maybe someone can make a general version.

Secure Blocks

[_]frisp 
mass

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:28 am Reply with quote

I've been using this for a few days but I have noticed something. Unless I have done something wrong, the public forums don't show up at all

The forums that are for particular groups don't show up unless you are part of them, like it should do but the public forums don't show up at all

Any ideas?

Great block btw-love it!

frisp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:24 am Reply with quote

Hmmm, not sure on that, would need to recheck the code. This was written for nuke 7.5, so I'm not sure what will have changed in the mean time. I'm running the last version of Raven Nuke (not updated yet), I'll try to have a look over it this weekend though.

Or maybe one of the coders here can check it through, I'm not really a coder at heart, I hack and bash until it works for me Razz

mass

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:19 am Reply with quote

I'm using PNC which I think uses 7.5 too but still only the private forums show up

montego

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:08 am Reply with quote

Actually, I think I may know why this is not working. It has something to do with the following AND condition:

and b.group_id=a.group_id

Members of the RavenNuke(tm) Team, and others, had noticed that with one of the phpBB upgrades (not sure which one or how long back), it seemed that all of a sudden, many, many groups for "Personal User" are getting added as separate groups within the nuke_bbgroups table and I think that is screwing up this join.

Unfortunately, that means there are two potential solutions:

1) Try to adjust the SQL in the block to maybe use an outer join (which may or may not be compatible in format for every mySQL version -- gut feel, not based on solid knowledge).

2) Try to figure out what the heck phpBB has done to start causing this and correct the root cause.

If you think that you can figure out how to tweak the SQL (you might be able to use a UNION to join to two sets of forum posts together than trying to join them), then I can see if we can't get this apparent phpBB bug figured out.

mass

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:14 pm Reply with quote

That sounds promising, HOWEVER< I don't have the smallest piece of knowledge on php coding or sql databases so I'm still at a loss

montego

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:37 am Reply with quote

mass, sorry, that post was for frisp. Trying to help point out where the code may be having issues now.

mass

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:12 am Reply with quote

No worries. Hopefully he'll be able to work some magic

/me crosses fingers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks

View next topic
View previous topic