Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
gsicard
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:21 pm Reply with quote

Guys,
not sure this is possible but I want to have three different content pages appear side by side on one page.

I thought I could create a content page with a three column table and somehow include the other three pages - one in each table column. Is this at all possible?

If you know the magic code please tell!

Gary

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gsicard

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 7:39 am Reply with quote

Anyone? Question

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:21 am Reply with quote

Honestly I think the simplest way to get where you want is to create 2 really complex blocks that amount to the index of the second and third modules.

Otherwise another quick cheat would be an <I-frame ravens done some really nice blocks using those.

Another way (I haven't tried it but think have seen it is a feature) would be to check out AutoTheme I think he has added this functionality to the pro verson but its kinda un documented. I'd ask about it before buying. Might just be in the PN version.

I think you could also do it with a custom theme but it would be pretty involved. If you've seen where someones done this it would be worth asking them if they'd share their technique.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:22 am Reply with quote

Content pages do not allow 'includes' as that is a php function (server side coding) and content pages are just client side coding. Why not make a module with 3 tables (each 33% width) and include() the other pages you need?

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:30 am Reply with quote

Or do you mean 3 tables from the content module itself being displayed with no sideblocks? That could be done by changing the output from the module and setting the module up to only use the header and footer.

gsicard

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 10:20 am Reply with quote

Humm.. I am trying to find a way to display a lot of info on one content page. I had a complet list of the dogs as one content page but had to split it into two pages because items were being truncated. I assumed that I must have exeeded some mysql limits or something.

So one page (this one) contains 2/3 of the list and the other 1/3 was move to a new content page here

I think Raven's last suggestion may work.. gotta give that a try. I would still want the side blocks showing...

Is there any thing to watch out for with the include()... ??
Thanks guys.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:20 am Reply with quote

Nope. Since you are including your own content you should be fine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic