Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> For Hire
jjh221
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:25 pm Reply with quote

I thought of an idea. Id like to share it with you guys and ask for your help. Appologies for putting in for hire, this "might" be opensource work.

There would be a basic template set up by an admin that a user would use. Unless you know of another way, this is what i was thinking.

Your info would need to be edited.

My Profile would look like this perhaps

To manage pictures and videos stream links would look like this.

Another cool thing i was thinking about is that you can send friends requests from others sites! Also you can search other sites as well as the site you are on. You can search by age,location or maybe even interests(which could be included)

The main site for this project would hold a search thingy for all sites that have submitted their link to their users "My Profile" database.
The sites would submit their links under categories, which users could either search under a certain category or all.

so what you think?

thanks,
j

I made a site this morning for it. Ill get it all fixed up here soon I hope. Im a noob but would like to work on this idea. Questions comments are very welcome. Let me know what you think. These are just some examples i could think of.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:58 pm Reply with quote

Well there are some kind of Friendster-style modules for phpNuke. I've not used them, so I don't know if they work exactly as you want them.

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
jjh221

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:15 pm Reply with quote

just did a quick google, coudnt find much on it. Found other links to some that people have hard coded and it looks kinda like what im thinking, but the over all outlook of the project would bring, perhaps ravennuke and all other users together.

Kinda hard to explain, because i dont know much really.

Possibly this could be release in new versions. Also each release would have the ability to either auto submit the database to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (my site waiting on new ravennuke release) or some how nukeprofiles would be able to call on that database within its search. Confused?

Ill keep looking into the other modules see if im not copying anyone or making a bad knock off lol. My example template looks like myspace but that can change. I got this idea about a weekago with out really searching, but i feel this idea would be much better for phpnuke communities. A chance to bring them all together in one search on one site(nukeprofiles.com).

If anyone would like to help either pm me or post here.

Thanks evader if you are interested in helping me id greatly apprciate it.

jjh221

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:44 pm Reply with quote

Where would {L_USERNAME} or anything other um code like that point to? How would i edit it?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:56 pm Reply with quote

jjh221 wrote:
Where would {L_USERNAME} or anything other um code like that point to? How would i edit it?

Check the forum language files and includes/constant.php

jjh221

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:01 pm Reply with quote

thanks found em, came back to delete message. Ima try to mess with it tonight after WoW. Ima really mess things up lol. Wish me luck Smile

edit: Oh when a radio button submitts a value...? does it automatically put it in the database where it needs to go? or am i totally off of my thinking?

jjh221

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:44 am Reply with quote

no luck yet.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:45 pm Reply with quote

jjh221, you would be well-served to get yourself a good book on PHP / mySQL. My personal favorite is PHP5 and MySQL Bible by Converse and Park. Nothing is "automatic". You must code it to do what you need it to do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> For Hire

View next topic
View previous topic