Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
TJYoung80234
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:01 am Reply with quote

So I ended up trashing my old Nuke and replaced it with Ravens. Well, everything installed and set up fine. Now I'm trying to get the site to look the same it did before. I install my Nuke theme I purchased, and the site goes blank. I can't view ANY pages... not admin.php, not index.php nothing.

Now the theme was made for PhP Nuke... should it not work for Ravens version?

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:18 am Reply with quote

So, you are saying that it works with the standard theme, which is fisubice, but not with your customized theme? If so, the problem is with the theme and it's compatibility with Ravennuke. And no, nothing automatically works together.

You need to turn on error reporting and see if you can get the system to tell you where the error is. It could be a compile error in the theme or a SQL statement being executed where it expects a different table structure than is present in Ravennuke. If I recall correctly, you may need to turn on error reporting in config.php in the version you are using ... display_errors=1 or some such. But it might pay to run a search on that ("error reporting"). Most likely the theme can be remedied without major surgery ... but that I will clearly label as a guess.

TJYoung80234

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:23 am Reply with quote

Ok... I turned error reporting on (it was labeled "false" so I changed it to "true". The theme is uploaded correctly, and when I change the theme in Your Account and click on a link I get a blank screen and no error.

Is there a way to find out what's causing this?

The other themes with the distribution are fine... so it has to be the theme.php file but I have no way of knowing what is causing it.

If you're not understanding what is happening... it has the same effect as if you uploaded a theme into:

/themes

with a folder in a folder (ie. /JoeJoeTheme/JoeJoetheme)... switching to that theme gives you a blank site. Same is happening here, only the folder is correctly uploaded.

fkelly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Getting error reporting going properly has always been vexing for me too. Here's one thing you can try. You already have the display errors in config set to true. Go into mainfile.php and find:

Code:
error_reporting(E_ALL^E_NOTICE);

and change it to just have E_ALL.

Now that's going to generate all sorts of notices but it may also give you a lead as to where your problem is. At least give it a try, I'm sorry but I don't have a system that I can test it on for you right now.

srhh
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:34 pm Reply with quote

If you have CPanel, you can also look at Error Logs from there.

----------------------------------------
Yesterday it worked.
Today it is not working.
Windows is like that. 
fkelly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:42 pm Reply with quote

Srrh ... I stand to be corrected but unless I'm mistaken compile type errors (and I know PHP isn't really compiled) don't show up in a Cpanel error log. I'm talking about things like a missing ; on a statement. I also don't think that you see bad SQL statements. You will see things like a file can't be found.

srhh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:17 am Reply with quote

fkellyI think your right; it wonn't show SQL errors, but it shows PHP errors and its been helpful to troubleshoot some issues for me from time to time. Especially if it boiled down to a corrupt/missing file during upload.

TJYoung80234, you mentioned you purchased this theme. What version was is made for? Does the author offer support? I've only run into this problem on my sites when the theme was for a "newer" or much older version of Nuke.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:20 pm Reply with quote

Personally, if you paid for the theme, I would ask the theme designer to make it work for PHP-Nuke 7.6 patch level 3.1 or greater. A theme which meets that requirement should run just fine on RavenNuke 2.02.02.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:29 pm Reply with quote

If you get stuck PM me a link where I can download the theme to see if I can resolve our problem provided it is not an autotheme template - please note I will not be able to look at it until Monday (UK).

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic