Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
TJYoung80234
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:23 pm Reply with quote

I am thinking about making the switch from PHP Nuke 7.9 to RavenNuke... my only concern... will everything I have in place already transfer over? ie. The users, forum posts, forum categories etc

If yes, is there anything special during the installation I need to do? For example, use the same MySQL database?

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:44 pm Reply with quote

hi,

anwering would be easy....
but this question has been asked a thousand times.....
please use the search function and specially the option to select.."search by topic title"... Smile

TJYoung80234

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:54 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for that insightful answer... I HAVE searched... "PhP Nuke to RavenNuke" and there are no threads that discuss this (at least not termed in any way like that).

Anyone else that can be more forthcoming with an answer help me here?

And excuse the harsh attitude, but some of us haven't been on this forum for almost three years and posted 5,000 messages. If we need an answer that's been given a hundred times (not found with search) then either help or not. I think we can do without the "been asked before" response.

If this one has, I apologize (since I couldn't find it searching the forums), but if not, I would GREATLY appreciate a response.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:29 pm Reply with quote

well its not full your fault but in your case you are downgrading.
your going from 7.9 to 7.6 , thats the version ravennuke is built on.
so try topic title search on ..."downgrade to ravennuke"

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:46 pm Reply with quote

Please give folks at least a few hours to respond. The basic consideration you will be faced with is making your tables identical in structure to the Ravennuke tables. Then you will be able to dump and restore them to a new set of tables installed by Ravennuke, or just use the tables as is. But you need to make sure that you have identical tables. You could load up a "blank" set of Ravennuke tables and then dump the structure of your old ones versus the new ones and use a file comparison utility against the resulting text files. That's one way.

I have released a beta table comparison utility for Ravennuke 2.10. You can read about it here:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

As Hitwalker indicates the whole table comparison issue has been discussed many times here, it's just a matter of finding the appropriate threads. I believe that there are even some downgrade scripts (I think it's Evaders who released them but I'm not sure) around.

If you aren't in a big rush you might want to wait for Ravennuke 2.10. It's due out ... ummm ... soon ... although no one but Raven can say when and even he, I suspect would say, "when it's ready."

Try different search terms and don't forget to use the "all terms" function of the search to find items such as "table comparison" where both terms are in the posting. Otherwise you will wind up with 5203 hits or something ridiculous like that. And good luck.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic