Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...
Taz
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:38 am Reply with quote

I am trying to get the cm2f installed on my site, but having a lot of trouble. I am not a php coder at all so it has been very difficult. Working on it with the guy at digitalgraal.net and with guardian here. It's just been very slow going. I can't wait to get it working though, as soon as I do I am going to open my site to our customers.

Taz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:40 am Reply with quote

Well, I would have loved to have gotten CM2F installed and tested. Unfortunatley it seems as though my host provider is going to kill the scripts it uses because they take up too much cpu time. I'm still talking to them about it but it doesn't look promising. From what they are telling me the input streams script alone is taking up almost %40 cpu time. But I can't get them to tell me how long this spike is occurring.

Maybe I'll look at the Forum Notification 1.4 for now.

To answer your question, Email Digest was probably the first application written for phpbb by Mark D. Hamill. He hangs out at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

The mail2forum and CM2F use portions of his code from what I have seen browsing through the code files. He has some other scripts on phpbb site if you search, I'm just not a coding expert either and find it more than difficult to install some of these larger scripts. I'm just about ready to throw in the towel and go to something else. Smile

Taz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:28 am Reply with quote

After much ado, I finally got this script to run. I didn't know the correct path to php, I wish I would have opened the cm2f_run_inputlists.php, as is is listed right at the top of the script. I'm not a linux expert either ;P

This is for the benefit of others, my site is on hostgator running some form of linux, with apache ect. . .

to run the cron job I had to path my statment like the following :
/usr/local/bin/php -q /home/cvetter/public_html/modules/Forums/admin/cronjobs/cm2f_run_inputlist.php

Now the script is running. BAD news is, my host tells me this script utilizes %40 cpu time. They had disabled it. I talked them into letting me get it up and running, and then I'll cut back on the number of times the script is accessed.

All right here is my problem :
When the script runs I get a plethora of errors.

Code:
Warning: main(../../cm2f_extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or

directory in
/home/cvetter/public_html/modules/Forums/admin/cronjobs/cm2f_run_inputlist.php on
line 72

Warning: main(../../cm2f_extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or
directory in
/home/cvetter/public_html/modules/Forums/admin/cronjobs/cm2f_run_inputlist.php on
line 72

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../../cm2f_extension.inc' for inclusion
(include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in
line 72

Warning: main(../../m2f_common_cli.): failed to open stream: No such file or
directory in
line 73

Warning: main(../../m2f_common_cli.): failed to open stream: No such file or
directory in
line 73

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../../m2f_common_cli.' for inclusion
line 73

Warning: main(../../includes/cm2f/cm2f_emailer.): failed to open stream: No such
file or directory in
line 78

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../../includes/cm2f/cm2f_emailer.' for inclusion
line 78

Warning: main(../../includes/cm2f/cm2f_syslog.): failed to open stream: No such file
or directory in
line 79

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../../includes/cm2f/cm2f_syslog.' for inclusion
line 79

Warning: main(../../includes/cm2f/m2f_functions.): failed to open stream: No such
file or directory in
line 82

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../../includes/cm2f/m2f_functions.' for inclusion
line 82

Fatal error: Call to undefined function:  init_userprefs() in
line 86

Taz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:49 pm Reply with quote

OK I actually did figure this one out on my own - but it brings me right back to where I started.

It works now, BUT when the script runs, I am back to my original problem when I was trying to use the 'GET' statement to run the script.

Code:

HERE---------------------------------------------
Fatal error: Call to undefined function:  pndbgettables() in
/home/cvetter/public_html/modules/Forums/admin/m2f_cronjobs.php on line 36

Which doesnt make sense to me because that part of the code reads

Code:

if (isset($CM2F_WEB_MODE)) {
if (isset($ModName)) {
    // Begin PNphpBB2 Module
    global $pnconfig;
    $pntable = pnDBGetTables();

$phpbb_root_path = './modules/' . $ModName . '/';
    // End PNphpBB2 Module

It doesn't make sense because this would indicate that the software thinks this is a postnuke install when it is not. The line $pntable = pnDBGetTables(); can only be found here. If it's not a post nuke, does it need the function pnDBGetTables?

Any ideas what needs to change here?

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:01 pm Reply with quote

Well its looking for $ModName being set. Somehwere your code must be setting that variable somehow

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:43 am Reply with quote

It looks like it is expecting the $ModName to hold the value 'Forums'
Sadly it looks very much like another error in the logic as the author tried to create one script which would work on many different cms.

Taz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:47 am Reply with quote

I'm starting to see a little of what you said in your post, but hey I applaud his efforts. If I can help him fix it I will be greatful! Smile I just hope my service provider doesnt kabosh the whole thing.

tekon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:42 pm Reply with quote

CM2F / CM4F is the way to go. Dany Blue the author had it going real good on my site last year, then it stopped cronning. Id like to see either M2F or the others ported to work on Nuke, but it seems to be a very long road because not many of us want it for Nuke over the other portals.

He is suppose to be getting back to work on it soon...I recommend going to his site and posting to the Nuke support forum to let him know theres a need for it. Theres alot of features in this mod over M2F, and learning the mod's features is almost a mod in itself.

Taz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:00 am Reply with quote

I'm not using it. I sent you a pm on digitalgraal's site. I won't discuss it in an open forum, not that it's bad, just negative and I'll just not go there. no point, doesnt do anyone any good.

We have a users conference here in the next week so I'm tied up. But when I come back I'm going to have a look at vbulletin. It does some thread watching and subscribing. It's not free but it does what we want.

Taz

tekon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:14 am Reply with quote

Actually, sometimes making your points and views known, CAN help things get moving. Weather good or bad. It could be argued the progress made so far was because users who needed the mod badly made that known to the author. I do understand though that alot of times the views appear to fall on deaf ears.....but I seem to nearly always get a response when I make my points, bith good and bad.

I did get your PM, and thanks. To makeover the site now to another port would be like starting over, and that portal does not have a database mod like Nuke does. Its critical my site has some kind of database feature to duplicate the one in YAHOO's groups. I wouldnt think M2F / F2M would take this long to get working....nearly 2 years now...and still nothing for Nuke. Maybe people here have an interest?

srhh
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:25 pm Reply with quote

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE this mod if it were usable. I checked both out awhile ago and I can deal with the fact it is going to be a somewhat complicated mod to add no matter how you play it, but only if there was a guarantee that it would actually work at the end.
I settled with Montego's HTML Newletter. Great module and it will list the last x-amount of recent forum posts (but not the whole thread) among other things, of course. Works for now. I'll have to check out the Forum Notification too.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:04 am Reply with quote

I had it up and running perfectly last year with the exception of crons which I didnt particularly want to use anyway.
One of the biggest problems is lack of understandable documentation which the author freely admits and this is one heck of a project for one man to tackle alone which translates into slow bug fixes and updates.

When its working, there is nothing else to compare to it but installation and setup is certainly not for the novice.

Taz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:27 am Reply with quote

I was willing to do just about anything to get that module working on my site. But I couldn't get any outside help and I couldn't figure out how the module was supposed to work to even know how, when, or what needed fixing. I had messages coming in and going to the wrong threads, and spam getting into the forums and messages not posting to the proper accounts.

It was a basic raven nuke setup, nothing fancy and I kept it that way so once we had it up and running we could decide on a theme that would match our industry. Digitalgraal said there must have been some modifications to the user tables that were interfering with his stuff, but he never had the time to help me fix them.

So in the end my boss decided that he didn't like the site, no offense to anyone here I love Raven's distro, he said it was too cumbersome and he thought people couldn't use it. I don't know what he based that on. I was floored. So now I really don't have any reason to mess with it anymore. I am only running a small clan site, and it's on another distro called PNC. phpnuke-clan.net

Anyway. . . I should have just asked someone and paid them lol

tekon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:04 am Reply with quote

Dany actually worked with me during chat to get CM2F running on my site. There were some errors that anyone could make, mainly the installation paths, then there was a misinterpretation on my part setting up how to F2M-M2F a forum. His interface system is very complicated to navigate, and he seems to agree with me there. It increases chances of confusion and mistakes. I sugguested he use pull down menus with one template instead of buttons that navigate you all over the place...and I think he said he wanted that for CM4F but not sure. I paid him a donation too because I was impressed with the mod like srhh says here....then the cron failed, which I thought would be a cinch fix, and that was nearly 2 years ago and I understand its still a bug.

What about this idea? I can set up a test site on a legit URL - say cm2f.net or whatever Dany approves of. Then we all have access to an installation running on that domain, and post in one of the forums to communicate with each other, and see if we can get the forum to M2F and F2M to our emails, and use it as a way to better organize what problems we have and maybe together we can come up with a solution? One of the biggest problems with Dany's host where he has the beta is its very slow. I agree with Guardian that he is likely over whelemed alone on this mod, then there are personal life problems that arise too with all of us. Do any of us have a reliable communication with Dany? Otherwise we could do this without his participation for the time being, and just list all the bugs / problems and questions....so he may have a better understanding how to approach the problems efficiently. I suppose we ought to use CM4F and what version of PHP Nuke? I have 7.9 and 7.6 registered archived here. Another thing is that its hard to figure out whats going on with PHP Nuke, such as which version is the most stable right now....?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:08 pm Reply with quote

Well I did offer Danny free hosting for test sites etc last year (the offer was posted in his forums) and offered to work with him as far as the nuke integration went but had no response. I think his site was hacked at one time and was done for some considerable time which was a shame as the momentum died off.

tekon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:56 pm Reply with quote

Yes, I remember the site being hacked, and alot of stuff on his site was effected. I believe he runs all those test sites on home PC's on a very low BW connection. I thought he did move them to a regular domain but not sure. The site now still seems to be kind of slow. Someone in this thread way back said the mod soaks up alot of CPU time....so maybe that could be part of it. Ill try getting another commitment from Dany using my idea and see what happens. If its any positive news will post it here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...

View next topic
View previous topic