Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHP-Nuke Patched Series By Chatserv
thebishop
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:58 pm Reply with quote

directly under were it says "Check any of the applicants and click an Action button" you should see the pending applicant and be able to check his/here name and approve or deny the applicant. I notice in that picture it says "Admin approval off". in order for you to have to approve the applicant i think you have to have that set to admin "approval on". here is what mine looks like,
view

michale
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:14 pm Reply with quote

thebishop wrote:
directly under were it says "Check any of the applicants and click an Action button" you should see the pending applicant and be able to check his/here name and approve or deny the applicant. I notice in that picture it says "Admin approval off". in order for you to have to approve the applicant i think you have to have that set to admin "approval on". here is what mine looks like,
view

Yea, I guess that would make sense, eh?? Very Happy

All I am looking for out of this is the ability to resend activation email, should the need become necessary..

I am wondering if my theme is blocking some of the view.. It's a very dark theme..

You can see the whole site here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I'll look for that other program, as that might have what I need... I really liked the NSN one I used, but it seemed to screw up the activation email...

Michale

thebishop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:33 pm Reply with quote

dissregard this was an accidental double post due to the site timing out.

Last edited by thebishop on Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:37 pm; edited 2 times in total 
thebishop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quote

I guess it's possible that it could be your theme but i have never had any theme cut off any part of my admin panel. did you try other themes.

I would also highly suggest you install the Nuke Sentinal security module and upgrade your forums to bbtonuke 2.0.21. If you run gaming sites like i do you will eventally need it. sooner is better in the case of both of these.

michale

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:43 pm Reply with quote

I have already upped my forums to bbtonuke 2.0.22.... At least I THOUGHT I did...

Yep, they are still at 2.0.22... The original NUKE install I did, I thougt it had NukeSentinel in it.. But I haven't been able to confirm the NS install...

I am about to crash.. It's about midnight here and I have been going since 0600 this AM...

I'll hook up with you tomorrow..

Again, thankx for all the help..

Michale

thebishop

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:07 am Reply with quote

roger that have a good night sleep.

michale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:42 am Reply with quote

Another day in the salt mines. Very Happy

I am gonna grab that CBN block and see if that does what I want it to do.

Could you tell me how I can confirm I have the latest (or any) NukeSentinel installed??

Thanx again..

Michale

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:01 am Reply with quote

because it shows the sentinel icon in your admin panel showing you the version number... , or not... Wink

michale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:04 am Reply with quote

hitwalker wrote:
because it shows the sentinel icon in your admin panel showing you the version number... , or not... Wink

Then it looks like I have nothing in the way of Sentinel installed. Sad

I thought that the nuke version I installed had it pre-loaded... Guess not..

So, what's the latest Sentinel to install??

Michale

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:43 am Reply with quote

download the current version here... [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

take your time to read the how to install...edits...etc....

michale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:19 am Reply with quote

Many thanx...

Michale

michale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:31 pm Reply with quote

Well, I took my time, read closely and still messed things up.. :^(

Fortuanatly, I was a LITTLE smart and did a complete backup prior to install..

Everything went smoothly.. I ran the nsnst.php and it said everthing installed. Then it reminded me to do the Core File changes, which I did. The only glitch was in the Your_Account/index.php file, there weren't very many of the lines the index7-6.txt file said to change... That could be accounted for by the CNB install I had done previous to the NukeSentinel install...

After editing the core files, I renamed the sample.xtaccess files and chmod'ed them to 666.

After that, every page was a blank.. index.php, admin.php etc etc... I even have error reporting turned on and the pages were still blank..

I restored from the backup, so we're good.. But I would like to tackle this again. If anyone has an idea on where I went wrong, I would sure appreciate ya pointing it out to me.

Thanx

Michale

thebishop

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:17 pm Reply with quote

double check your mainfile.php edits
were you getting any error.

michale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quote

Nope.. No errors at all.. Just a blank white page.. /var/log/http/access_log and error_log were clear as well..

I'll double check the mainfile.php

Michale

michale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:59 pm Reply with quote

Well, I have done the install 3 times now.. Checked and double checked the Core File edits and they are all correct.. The only discrepancy is in the Your_Account/index.php edit, the ONLY one that is actually part of the index.php file is:

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
$uname = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#
if(!defined("NUKESENTINEL_IS_LOADED")) {
$uname = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
} else {
$uname = $nsnst_const['remote_ip'];
}

None of the others listed in the index7.6.txt can be found in the index.php file.

I am at somewhat of a loss on how to proceed...

Michale

michale

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:08 am Reply with quote

Success!!!!! Very Happy

This morning, I looked carefully at the mainfile.php and how I edit'ed it.. It turns out that, on the edit section that ended with:

die ($htmltags);
}
}

There are actually TWO instances of those.. I only commented out the top section and neglected the bottom section.. I fixed this oversite and now things are working. Many thanx for pointing me to the mainfile.php..

Now, I have one last question and I will leave ya'all alone! Very Happy

I am somewhat wary of the .xtaccess files. The warning about locking myself out really impressed upon me the need to be absolutely sure before I commit.

So, here is my take on what needs to be done.

1. rename all 3 sample.xtaccess files, dropping the sample part

2. chmod all .xtaccess files to 666

3. Set up Admin access/passwords thru the ADMIN/NukeSentinel part

Is that an accurate assessment of what needs to be done??

Once again, thanx for all the assists..

Michale

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:10 am Reply with quote

Before you do 3.....
2a ensure you have added your IP to Sentinels protected range.

After 3 but BEFORE turning on HTTPAuth make sure Sentinel has written the user/pass combination to the htaccess files

michale

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:21 am Reply with quote

Weel......

We had an issue crop up (the IP2Country issue) so I went ahead..

Fortuanatly, for me, my NukeSentinel Install was smarter than I was. It, somehow, put my local LAN IP (192.168.1.xxx) in the protected range for me.

But nothing has been written to any of the .xaccess files as of yet...

Michale

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHP-Nuke Patched Series By Chatserv

View next topic
View previous topic