Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
thebishop
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:39 am Reply with quote

Well i have endeavored to perservere and overcame whatever problem was holding up the installation, I'm still not sure what it was. LOL.
But in any case RN has been installed and seems really well put together.
congrats to Raven and all the other helpers on this project.
I'm sure the rest of the nuke community feels or will feel the same way i do about RN once they install it. It simply Rocks.
RavensScripts RavenNuke FTW.

kindpeacho

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:02 pm Reply with quote

theBishop - I can't believeI found this post.... I have been dealing with the same issues as you.

I have Ipowerweb as well - and have been dealing with the max questions error for a long time - and finally found that "work around" with editing your db and clicking submit ( i was about to post taht solution for you before i read you latest post) Smile

I am here searching because today my site went down for no reason, and when I tried to access my database, I received the:
Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pma_reloadnavigation() in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/phpMyAdmin-2.6.3/header.inc.php on line 133
Rolling Eyes

How did you get your problem resolved? You said it just started to work again? I've tried two different databases and i get the same error with both, so it's not a single db problem. It has to be an Ipowerweb issue...

Mad

kindpeacho

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:08 pm Reply with quote

LOL 5 minutes later I write this to let you know my site is back up and so is the database.

They must have fixed the issue as i typed that message. So it was down for 18 hours and 5 1/2 hours after I contacted their technical support it appeared again like magic. WooHoo! lol

so.. nm Smile

EDITED: and 10 minutes after I posted this message they emailed me to say they have fixed my issue. They said it was the same issue as the max_questions problem. hmmm So next time that happens, we can just use the same fix as the max_questions fix.

Thank you for contacting iPowerWeb Technical Support.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We have fixed your issue. Your website is working properly now. The reason you are receiving that error is due to the 'max_questions' setting which is set to 50,000 per user per hour. This setting is there to ensure that the MySQL database cannot be accessed too much by one user and overload the system. The connections will reset every hour and is kept by user. We suggest you to alleviate this issue is to break up your queries between multiple users which would distribute the 50,000 connection queries to multiple users. You can create a new user for the db and make the changes in the connection string of your script. This should work as 50,000 limits are per user. Please check same at your end.

thebishop

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:03 pm Reply with quote

Not only can you use 4 or 5 users to breakup the querys but i have now found an even better solution.

just simply go the the database your using in phpMyadmin and click the update feature for the user that is doing the querys but dont change any information and that resets the max querys for that user.

example: when installing the IP to country tables for NS using Raven Nukes install method. just keep phpMyadmin open and use the tactic from above to reset the querys for that user half way through the process.
I think there are like 64.000 IP to country INSERTS, so you only need to do the fix once to split them in half.

Ipowerweb isn't as bad as startlogic or dot5 but there still bad.
I have been with all three of them.
I am now with hostmonster and they seem to really have there shite together.
plus , i would much rather use Cpanel then vdeck for many reasons, one being, most other web admins use Cpanel and it is much more functional and secure then vdeck is.
so far every single one of my support tickets has been answered by the morning of the next business day.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic