Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Announcements
dean
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:10 am Reply with quote

Just want to say, I'm glad I found this site. Having only put up six nukes so far, I must say its a constant learning experience. However, it's apparent to me that, in order to keep up with new developments, one, two, three or more nuke oriented forums is not enough especially when they are populated by gifted and caring professional like yourselves who obviously are committed to phpnuke. Thanks for the good work and..........................................................................................................................................now to my posted subject, PHP-Nuke Patched Series By Chatserv. The links do not appear to be working at this time.

Nukeum66
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:27 am Reply with quote

The links to 'PHP-Nuke Patched Series By Chatserv' on the homepage are working Wink

Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:40 am Reply with quote

He has been having problems with the servers that his files reside on. He will soon be changing file servers but until then just keep trying. They will come back eventually.

Rikk03
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:13 am Reply with quote

Im getting confused with all the upgrading, .......i originally started with oscnukelite which uses nuke 7.0, then upgraded with 70 patched about two months ago and last week phpBB upgrade forums..I recollect doing several admin upgrades and a search upgrade......at what point does upgraded 7.0 = 7.1 ..........7.2.........I wish it was clearer.

As it stands I have no idea the actual version I now have......sigh.

Regards

Richard.

Rikk03

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:14 am Reply with quote

Do i still use upgrade for nuke 7.0 is basically what im asking?

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:42 am Reply with quote

These are not upgrades, they are patched versions (security fixes).
If you have 7.0 patch it with 7.0 Wink

dean

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:08 pm Reply with quote

I still get error this page cannot be displayed when going to any of the links under: PHP-Nuke Patched Series By Chatserv

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:43 pm Reply with quote

It works everytime for me. Confused
Try going to the site [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:08 pm Reply with quote

dean wrote:
I still get error this page cannot be displayed when going to any of the links under: PHP-Nuke Patched Series By Chatserv
If you still can't get in, try this.

Bring up a windoze command prompt
Type ipconfig /flushdns
Then try the link again

dean

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:12 pm Reply with quote

I tried both ways and no luck....... Neutral HitsFan

chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:59 am Reply with quote

Raven will provide alternate download links shortly, my apologies for any problems caused, it is not within my reach to solve the problems

dean

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:03 pm Reply with quote

No matter they work now just fine, thanks...

dean

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:18 am Reply with quote

Ack, I've read thru the documentation five times now and I'm very hesitant to manually apply fixes to my two sites. I've installed a good many fixes that involved uploading files before and manually entered changes in files but this is a bit much for me. I'd love to learn how but I'm afraid of breaking sites in the process. Is Chatserv's offer to edit files (indicated in the documentation) still good? At what cost?

dean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:29 pm Reply with quote

Dante, you sent me email on this and my response to you was returned because of your spam blocker. Here's what I wrote: Dear Dante:

Call me paranoid and maybe I overeacted but here goes.

On one site I have Nuke C (classifieds), event calendar 212 and Coppermine as additonal modules and a handful of blocks based items integrated in the database like 4nchat and n2nele (newsletter). Also have the forum notification mod in place.

In the second nuke I have forum notification mod, googletap, protector, sn dynamic titles, coppermine, idiots guide, info block, phpnuketools, template monster, weather harvester and upload mod.

Do you think it would hurt me to upload those files? Also, it appears in addition to upload of files, changes to database entrys need to be done as well?

chatserv

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:50 pm Reply with quote

When i add 3rd party add-ons i try to keep a list on a file i store on my pc that tells me what core files have been modified by any of said add-ons and which add-ons they are, i don't use most of those you list but i believe some of them alter core Nuke files like mainfile.php and authors.php among others, so no, it would not be a good idea for you to replace files.

dean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:11 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the warning. Would a simple search/replace in textpad work for going thru my current installations changing the code as suggested in the the instructions?

chatserv

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:24 pm Reply with quote

I believe you can use most of the files.
from the main ones use all except admin.php and mainfile.php
the blocks i believe you can use all.
From the modules folder omit the forums, Private Messages and Member List
Omit the includes as well
from the admin/modules folder use all except authors.php

I do suggest you make a backup of your current files beforehand. The rest of the files you can manually edit with a windows based diff program like beyond compare or compare it

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:19 pm Reply with quote

Have you seen that groovy log in E107? That's what I need. I'm always tweeking and not always logging.

CS... would you please enlighten me with more specifics about third party add-ons, some examples? Until now I had only concluded there were add-ons. What am I missing? Any addon that changes core files needs a flashing neon warning sign, imho.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:24 pm Reply with quote

Third party add-ons are any that were not included with the core Nuke distro and/or coded by Francisco Burzi.

CodyG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:36 pm Reply with quote

wow ... that wide a swath, eh?

There needs to be a plug-in module, and flashing neon, for that code that requires core file changes. Some conformity, so as Raven says: they all play nice together.

I'm speaking to the choir....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Announcements

View next topic
View previous topic