Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's Customized Distribution Packs
kindpeacho

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:07 pm Reply with quote

Hello again

Okay - Hmm how do i start? Embarassed

All of the sudden - i go to my website and everything is blank/white. I go to my config.php and turn on error reporting - but it's still blank white.

I try to read the source of any of my webpages - and the source is blank (in FF) . I went to IE and asked for source and it came back with:

((Edited: i had the html written in here, but your sentinel says it's illegal -so --- the source code came back blank between the two body tags))

Nothing. Nada. Zip.

I used analyze.php and it was able to analyze it okay but when i tried to use another script to see my exact version - that script would not run. It was blank white page again.

What is going on? I understand it's most likely an error but if i can't get anywhere (no admin.php nothing) then how do i begin to troubleshoot?!?

I wasn't doing anything - it just came up blank.

I am able to access the database (here's maybe a clue??) so when i go to sign into my database i get a weird Username that is not mine. ((This is my personal PC at home - no one could have done this - at least not from this chair).

I'm just waiting for a "hacked by" - i dunno any suggestions?!?!

oh -- ravennuke 7.6 2.02.02

Last edited by kindpeacho on Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:13 pm; edited 3 times in total 
evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:11 pm Reply with quote

Hmm is PHP even running? Do you see the files there? Can you run phpinfo() ?

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
kindpeacho

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:46 am Reply with quote

yes phpinfo() runs and tells me the information, so ya PHP is running.

I am no longer using my own localserver (it's not that - it's been a good month since the new webhost and it ran fine until last night). I am able to access the thirdparty webhosts control panel for my website - so... i don't think it's them.

I also re-uploaded all the base ravennuke files and it's still all blank.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:11 am Reply with quote

Is everything else working within your cpanel (or whatever your host uses for you to access its hosting tools). Just seems like something has gotten corrupted, but these are all just wild guesses.

I wonder if the database is corrupt?

kindpeacho

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:06 pm Reply with quote

yes - everything in the Cpanel works just fine.

I am also able to access the database and did a quick error check on the db and it came back OK.

One thing I did notice however, when i re-uploaded all the files - it originally uploaded the default config.php (without my settings) and the site did come back with a database error (Mysql isn't working - check later) so... if that helps any??

I just don't know where to start...

kindpeacho

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:10 pm Reply with quote

P.S. No image tags anymore? The screenshot of my image does not show right now.

I restored a few day old database backup and it's still white - so it's not the database... hmmm

Last edited by kindpeacho on Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:13 pm; edited 2 times in total 
montego

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:47 am Reply with quote

That image you posted does not exist on your server. Not sure what you were trying to show.

Quote:

One thing I did notice however, when i re-uploaded all the files - it originally uploaded the default config.php (without my settings) and the site did come back with a database error (Mysql isn't working - check later) so... if that helps any??

If you overwrote your config.php, then, yes, you would get that error message. You cannot just overwrite it unless what you are overwriting with has the right connection information in it. I trust that you have already restored the original config.php file or modified it to connect right?

Make sure you review your config.php changes very carefully to ensure that you did not introduce a parse error. Try accessing the config.php script directly. It will either show you a parse error, or give you some sort of "access denied", OR it could redirect you back to the index.php page (open up the page properties to see if it redirected back to index.php).

kindpeacho

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:08 pm Reply with quote

yes, i wrote that it had the normal sql error message to note that was good news, at least i got an error there, then i customized the file.

I tried to access config.php directly and it did forward to the /index.html URL but it was still blank white page. Rolling Eyes

For kicks i tried to access some of the modules directly and the only one that worked was my gallery2 (which is basically external - not connected to nuke). That part of the site was workable, so it has to be something in the nuke files itself, not the set up and not the database.

... waiting on host to upgrade me to a different server anywaz with more webspace, so i have a day or two to try to figure this out. On the new server i'll try to upgrade to chatserv's 3.3 and see if that helps.

montego

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:55 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

For kicks i tried to access some of the modules directly and the only one that worked was my gallery2 (which is basically external - not connected to nuke). That part of the site was workable, so it has to be something in the nuke files itself, not the set up and not the database.

Well, unfortunately, that could mean any one of many files since header.php and mainfile.php include so many other scripts. I would check these, footer.php, index.php and then the scripts in the includes directory.

Also, give turning display_errors to TRUE in config.php to see if you get any parse errors. If you don't get parse errors, it could still be a disconnect between your files and database table structure.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's Customized Distribution Packs

View next topic
View previous topic