Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHP-Nuke Patched Series By Chatserv
nextgen
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:32 pm Reply with quote

I am using the 8.0 version and for all of the negative stuff i have read it isnt really all that bad. I could list in a handfull, ok 2 handfulls of obvious fixes i have made but it is a rather nice version. My question is twofold and is on version 8.0.

Is there a way that i can adapt the captcha mod talked about in another post here (http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/posts458-highlight-.html) ?

Also I have ported the cbtracker for security and wondered if using that as well as sentinel is redundant or is there actually a thing like too much security ?

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:05 am Reply with quote

Quote:
I am using the 8.0 version and for all of the negative stuff i have read it isnt really all that bad.

Well I would call it constructive criticism. Wink Unfortunately it's a shame FB doesn't listen to the Nuke community.

I'm not sure whether it's necessary to use cbtracker and sentinel. If you are using the latest patched files and sentinel you should be reasonably secure, but I would still recommend using something like RavenNuke.

nextgen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:31 am Reply with quote

I will definately use ranenuke when the newest release comes out. FOr now i am tinkering with 8.0 on my project site and Nuke Evo on my other site. I love the 7.6 release and hate to leave it behind but e have to move ahead at some point i think. I am just hoping ravennuke becomes the end all to beat all and raven keeps producing it. I hope to contribute to the ravennuke project shortly after christmas and hope others do the same so ravennuke feels compelled to keep providing us this terrific code.

jakec

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:29 am Reply with quote

Well I'm sure the new release of RN will be as excellent as always.

To be honest I feel 8.0 is a bit of a step backwards when compared to RavenNuke, even now.

What is it about 8.0 that you like so much?

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:57 pm Reply with quote

It isn't much improvement. The new code is untested, buggy. It only includes older Patches. It is vulnerable to exploits and needs to be Patched

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:33 am Reply with quote

So, what you are saying is: "Same old, same old". Sad

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHP-Nuke Patched Series By Chatserv

View next topic
View previous topic