Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks
julies

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:20 am Reply with quote

I just installed Raven Who is Where block from this site. I am currently using a theme that has a black background and so the text is not showing in the block.

If I change to a theme that has a white background I see it just fine. Any help in changing this so the text appears for any theme, my black one or a white one would be appreciated.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] - Its on the bottom left side

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:16 am Reply with quote

well we dont see that....block is perhaps set to view admin only ?
And btw...you noticed that your bottom design breaks out with the 2 botton blocks?

julies

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:54 am Reply with quote

I had it set for registered users only, changed it to visitors so you could see it. Also, yes I know that part at the bottom is broken, I honestly searched everywhere on how to turn those two scrolling things off but could never find it. :/

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:25 pm Reply with quote

well you just have change the design og the who is where block and the bottom blocks can be found in your theme....

julies

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:38 pm Reply with quote

Thats the problem, I dont know what needs to be changed in the who is where block.... Sad

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:33 pm Reply with quote

well look in the block or included files for any color code...
its still black so look for.. 000000

julies

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:38 pm Reply with quote

There is no color code in those files, it references a theme. I cant post the code here cause I get a warning about posting a hacking script or something. Without posting the actual code it looks something like this...

global cookie, Default_Theme;
theme = isset(cookie[9])&&!empty(cookie[9])
cookie[9]:Default_Theme;
if (file_exists("themes/theme/index.php")) theme = Default_Theme

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:45 pm Reply with quote

well i looked at it but you need to be in the module....
the style sheet is included there but it also grabs the themes/Black_Enuff_Red/style/style.css

you have to experiment a litle..

julies

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:55 pm Reply with quote

Ok, I need to get some help. I'm sorry, I dont know what you mean by "you have to experiment alittle". I looked in the index.php file of the module and it doesnt reference my default theme, Black_Enuff_Red.

I'm just looking for a simple answer to get this text to show on my theme. By looking at the site, its obvious alot of my blocks work just fine. This is the first encounter I have had with a block not showing the text properly wit hthe default theme. Sad

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:34 pm Reply with quote

pm me a ftp login....
if thats what you want...
then i can help..

st247

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:13 pm Reply with quote

I've been playing with it a bit. There wasn't a font class called in the file, so I assume that is why it takes standard black as font-color.
What I did is added a font tag like this (in the modules\RWH_WhoIsWhere\index.php file):
I replaced (line 56)
Code:
   echo "<b><u>Guest(s) Online</b></u><br />".count($guest).' guest(s)';

echo "<br /><br />";

with this
Code:
   echo "<font class=\"storycontent\"<b><u>Guest(s) Online</b></u><br />".count($guest).' guest(s)';

echo "<br /><br />";

And this (line 90)
Code:
echo "<center>($refreshRate sec. refresh)</center>";

with this
Code:
echo "<center>($refreshRate sec. refresh)</center></font>";

I don't know which style is normally used for this, but this did it for me (changed black to gray). You can find the used stylesheet in your themes\themename\style directory. For example you could replace storycontent with boxcontent (if it isn't #000000), or tiny.
I hope this helps.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:18 pm Reply with quote

well overriding it isnt a problem...
fact is,it should use the style of the theme...
thats where it goes wrong..

st247

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:21 pm Reply with quote

OK, sorry about that. I'm completely new to this and I was curious about it. I just wanted to offer a 'solution'.
I'll keep following this Wink

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:27 pm Reply with quote

well its a way of fixing it....no problem with that but only after all is checked....
and ive done that now....
but something is just overriding the stylesheet...

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:31 pm Reply with quote

ok..its a cheap solution but like with st247 ,it works..
so text is white now.

st247

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:38 pm Reply with quote

But I was wondering, when no font class is called, I guess it takes what is defined under the body tag ? Since there's no color definition, it takes black. It isn't in a textarea or p tag either. I guess replacing the font tags with p tags would also do the trick.
But again, I'm probably wrong and this a cheap solution instead of solving the problem. Laughing

julies

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:39 pm Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your help. People are very happy now. They love this module and being able to see what folks are checking out helps our admins determine if we need to focus more on a specific portion of the site. Smile

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:40 pm Reply with quote

well thats why raven (who made it) coded the it like this so the current theme that is set takes care of its design....
but could easely fail for many reasons...

st247

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:47 pm Reply with quote

Yes I understand. It does use the right stylesheet, but I think it 'failed' here because he uses a theme with a black background and the content of the block isn't inside a tag with a defined style, so it takes color:black.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks

View next topic
View previous topic