Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:19 pm Reply with quote

Well, I knew things were going too smoothly Rolling Eyes

This concerns the PATCH files only. The INSTALLATION folder does not only contain patches; it contains the entire sql. Obviously you can't use that or you will overwrite your data.

I will need to make a true patch/upgrade for the SQL. The thing is, you have loaded the phpbb v2.0.20 files and probably haven't made all the changes to the database for forums. I am going to also place all the phpbbtonuke sql patch files in a download so those of you that have already applied the Patches can just run the SQL to upgrade your database.

Once again, my apologies! Note that this only concerns the rn76_core_pl32.sql and rn76_sentinel.sql sql.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:30 pm Reply with quote

For those that only need the phpbbtonuke forum upgrade scripts, get them here. I have included all the version updates from 2.0.10 - 2.0.20: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

blith
Client

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:59 am Reply with quote

Where are we at with this? Can I upgrade yet? Thank you!!

Raven

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:42 pm Reply with quote

??? Upgrade what? What are you missing?

blith

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:51 am Reply with quote

Well, I am running NukeSentinel(tm) 2.4.2pl3 and I thought there was a new package and I wanted to upgrade. But then I thought there was a problem with the upgrade files... no? If not I will do the upgrade then. let me know. Thanks Raven!

Raven

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:44 am Reply with quote

Just do the upgrade and check the forums for help on any additions since publication.

blith

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:01 pm Reply with quote

whoops I posted the wron thing. I am in the right forum but I just posted about Nuke Sentinel. I did not mean to do that. is the upgrade to RavenNuke fixed now so that it does not have the whole SQL? Sorry I am behind the times.

blith

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:00 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Well, I knew things were going too smoothly Rolling Eyes

This concerns the PATCH files only. The INSTALLATION folder does not only contain patches; it contains the entire sql. Obviously you can't use that or you will overwrite your data.

I will need to make a true patch/upgrade for the SQL. The thing is, you have loaded the phpbb v2.0.20 files and probably haven't made all the changes to the database for forums. I am going to also place all the phpbbtonuke sql patch files in a download so those of you that have already applied the Patches can just run the SQL to upgrade your database.

Once again, my apologies! Note that this only concerns the rn76_core_pl32.sql and rn76_sentinel.sql sql.

Has the true upgrade patch for the SQL been made? I have not seen any news about it. Thank you.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:25 am Reply with quote

I don't really know ROTFL - So much has been happening, and so much, that has diverted good intentions. I'll try to see ASAP.

bugsTHoR
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:54 am Reply with quote

hi i got Ravennuke 7.6 2.02.20 with upgrade 2.0.20 when i go into my

.com/admin.php forum (link) it tells me i need 2.0.21 from phpbb.com which files do i need to get as there are for lots i tried 2 and i had to replace the files as i got error messages.

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Clanthemes.com are great (free advertisements for now until i get to 20,000 posts LoL) 
Raven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:39 am Reply with quote

That patch is not yet tested and I would not advise using it as too many people have reported problems with it.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:55 am Reply with quote

Only BBToNuke 2.0.21 from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] is designed to work for phpNuke. As Raven said, it may not be thoroughly tested

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
bugsTHoR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:51 pm Reply with quote

i`ll wait thx,

jammyme

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:58 pm Reply with quote

Can I upgrade from PHP-Nuke 7.6 to this release?

Sorry this is a relatively simple question, but it isn't clear whether I can or not?

Regards,

Phil

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:05 pm Reply with quote

You can and there are threads here which discuss it. To be able to just take your data and move it over, you would need to make sure your current PHP-Nuke 7.6 site is at least 3.1 patchset (cannot remember if there were DB updates along the way) and 2.0.20.

The process for doing this is different depending on whether you are needing to upgrade "in place" or if you have the ability to create a new database and then load all your data in. Regardless, at a minimum, you need the above. If you are running NukeSentinel, it should be at least the 2.4.2 pl5 level.

The core nuke tables that were modified was to install NSN Groups 1.7.1. With this, you would simply need to apply the SQL that you find in the INSTALLATION/sql/rn76_nsngroups.sql file to an existing 7.6 site and the RavenNuke 2.02.02 files should work with it.

Doulos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:33 pm Reply with quote

I am confused. MySQL tabel "nuke_config" shows my current version as 7.6pl3.1. I want to upgrade to RN2.02.02 but I need to keep all the data in my db. Is there a easy way to upgrade the core tables without destroying all the data?
Going through each table and adding or changing things manually is kind of daunting considering how many table there are. I don't have a problem doing it, I just would like to save time if I can. I want to keep my website down for the shortest time possible.

(the last I heard running the core mysql upgrade included in Ravens upgrade package destroys, rather than upgrades, the db.)

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:54 pm Reply with quote

The "full" installation does delete your entire database. It warns you very clearly about that too. There are separate downloads for patch files to upgrade from one version to another. You need to read what you are downloading very carefully. There are several upgrade "versions" on the download page but I don't believe that you can go directly from 7.6 to 2.02.02 in a single step.

One thing you can do is compare the databases and make the needed changes thru a tool such as phpmyadmin. It can be an intricate process ... you need to create a 2.02 database with the full install and dump both it and the 76 database (structure only will do) and run a file comparison tool. Make a list of the differences and use phpmyadmin to change your old database to make it structurally compatible. You'll also need to update some of the data, the config value of Nuke in the config table comes to mind.

While these changes are taking place some things in your system won't work properly ... the old programs may have a different number of fields in your users table than the database will for instance. So you'll want to have a good plan and be able to do this quickly, then copy the 2.02 programs over the 76 ones. Or wait a little while until 2.10 is available and do the process on that. Though, we will have an upgrade from 2.02 to 2.10 that is as "automatic" as we can make it.

Raven's "team" is taking a look at the upgrade process and if we can develop some tools to help you better move from version to version over the next few months we will. However, no promises because there are some issues that have to be addressed. And someone has to find the time to actually DO IT and subject it to rigorous testing.

Doulos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:48 pm Reply with quote

Question: Some of the lines in RNV20202 are exactly like mine except for this:

My current entry is:
Code:
ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=4 ;

While the same line from a test site running RNV20202 is:
Code:
ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;

Do I leave the original auto-increment #? or change it to match RN's #

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm Reply with quote

I would sudjest, you stick with the settings that come with RavenNuke.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:11 pm Reply with quote

Don't change the auto_increment value if you already have data in that table.
It may affect the operations on that table.

Doulos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:27 pm Reply with quote

evaders99, thanks after looking closer at the #'s I found that these were specific to my data so I left them as they were.

Manually updating the db tables was not as difficult as I thought it would be. It took me longer to upload (and verify) all the files than it did to upgrade the db.

Thanks for all the helpful insights.

Doulos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:48 pm Reply with quote

I just spent my whole sunday aftenoon updating my db and ftp'ing RNV20202 to my website and the server just crashed and burned. A backup was performed at midnight SATURDAY. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

The server owner is still trying to put everything back. Then I get to do it all over again.

I guess I should have created a backup immediately after the upgrade. Hopefully, I will learn from this.

evaders99

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:15 pm Reply with quote

Hmm doesn't make much sense. The scripts should not crash the server. But yes, make a backup before you do any major changes to your site Smile

Doulos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:06 pm Reply with quote

evaders99, I did make a backup before doing the upgrade. It was not my site which crashed the server - he lost everything on that server (200 websites). Luckily, there was an automatic backup made at midnight and the crash did not occur until later in the morning. All is well, server reinstalled, web site back up. Smile

evaders99

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:48 pm Reply with quote

What? Now that doesn't make much sense ... where you involved with the crash or was it something else?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic