Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.8
s60addict
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:39 pm Reply with quote

guys,

1stly i tried sending a "Mass Email" from Forum Admin. It gave some error "emailer.php"

then i tried sending a "Mass Email" Via Newsletter and it also gave an error.

Only first 50 or so out of 2700+ got the mails correct and others got an email with a "Blank Subject" and "blank mail with no matter"

please suggest me what shud i do???

shud i post the error here?

thnx

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:47 am Reply with quote

This may be due to a limit your host has placed on the server to prevent people from spamming.
Sorry dude but you should not even really be using the mass mail feature. If one of your site members reports you for spamming you'll get your server blacklisted.

Contact your host to see if there are any limits imposed on the number of mails you can send within a specified time frame.

s60addict

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:53 am Reply with quote

ok thnx, ill confirm it with my host !!!

btw, i mass emailed because my site was hacked and i had to inform people that the site was back !!!

that was it !!!

thnx

s60addict

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:06 am Reply with quote

now, i have shifted onto RavenNuke76(tm) Version 2.02.02.

I am still having this problem.

I asked the host. They said that they had no such restriction !

Now what cud be the prob?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:57 am Reply with quote

Since you are on 2.02.02, you could try using "Edit Groups" (which is NSN Groups) and in there, there is a mass mail feature.

s60addict

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:04 am Reply with quote

before using nsn groups, i wud like to please explain in brief what nsn groups really is ! what r its features, is it integrated with the forum or not ??

Also, i have not yet done anything with nsn groups, still it shows a group "Moderators", is it the forum group or a separate one ! also, if i assign someone a moderator group in nsn groups, then he wud have access to what all sections !

Please clarify !

thnx

montego

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:16 am Reply with quote

Ah, never mind, I thought there was a way to mass mail to all registered users. Sorry about that!

You could try the nuke Newsletter that also comes with it, but unfortunately, with the number of user you have, it will probably time out.

Sorry, don't have an answer for you on the Forum mailer. I have to get to work...

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:39 am Reply with quote

NSN Groups supports the ability to control access to messages, blocks, modules, etc. by group. It uses the same groups as the Forums module, but expands group functionality to many other parts of Nuke. Some addons, like montego's HTML Newsletter, also take advantage of NSN Groups, allowing you to send the newsletter to the members of a group. NSN Group Downloads allows access to download categories by group, in addition to many other improvements over the standard downloads module.

NSN Groups also allows public groups - groups that anyone can join by requesting. It can be integrated with NSN PayPal (a commercial script) to allow people to join groups (i.e. to gain access to certain features) by sending PayPal payments.

s60addict

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:23 am Reply with quote

Well, if i make a group of moderators, then wud they be allowed only to moderate the forums or everything like blocks, messages, downloads, modules etc????

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:30 am Reply with quote

Only Nuke administrators / authors can maintain blocks, messages, downloads, etc. Moderators are a different function altogether.

s60addict

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:32 am Reply with quote

Ok, thnx !

I'll try it after my exams r over !

Till then, TC

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.8

View next topic
View previous topic