Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes
Deseroka
Client

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:01 am Reply with quote

Has anyone expereinced this?
I'm running Nuke6.5 with a few mods. Suddenly I notice that n the "Your Account" area there is not an option for an avatar. The line for it is in the page, but no link to gallery, no option to upload or link to off site avatar. If you go to the forum page and go to profile, it works fine.
Suggestions on where to start looking for the problem?

Nukeum66
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:40 am Reply with quote

Hi, try going to AdminCP>Forums>General Admin>Configuration>Avatar Settings

then set your avatar preference in :

1. (Enable gallery avatars)
2. (Enable remote avatars
Avatars linked to from another website)
3. (Enable avatar uploading)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:47 am Reply with quote

I'm that smart---that was the first thing I checked. Thanks tho. It's something deeper than that..... Confused

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:55 am Reply with quote

If you are trying to upload from Your Account>Your Info Don't think thats possible, I do have it in mine either 6.9, I & my users upload from profile in forums.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:15 am Reply with quote

Deseroka wrote:
I'm that smart---that was the first thing I checked. Thanks tho. It's something deeper than that..... Confused
Rolling Eyes Hmmm. Sounds like exploratory surgery may be needed. Insurance paid up? If so, please forward the login info (ftp and site) via email or PM Wink

Deseroka

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:54 pm Reply with quote

Oh! I am on a roll today! While asking several questions, I have also managed to answer them!!
I pulled a back up of the your account and compared to what was there. A mod had overwritten I guess, because there was a line missing. I figured what the hey, it's worth a try, added it in and VOILA!
I am shocked that even tho you do exploratory surgery for many, that after all my "operations" you can't log into my site in your sleep. Razz
You are right, you've taught me well, I always have to ask before the brain starts to work tho. And of course, if I don't stop in for some begging and ring kissing you will think I no longer love you.............
Wink

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:28 pm Reply with quote

Your right Deseroka and I find it fascinating that two seconds after I click the submit message button, new and interesting ways of looking at the problem always come to mind.

One of my big disappointments in anything above 6.0 with phpbb port is the two pages for user profiles. One through Your Account and the other through Forums Profile. I'm guessing that the two forms write to the same db table, I'm just not convinced they are compatible and may be suspect in the entire avatar confuddle.

The differences... the nuke Your Account/YourInfo page has a real name field and a subscribe to newsletter field and the Avatar field is totally useless if you have more than one Avatar gallery on your site.

I don't need users changing their real names, and I don't use the nuke newsletter module. So, I didn't see any problem with changing the link in Your Account "Your Info" to result in the Forums Profile page... ie: forum-editprofile.html. This way users have a proper path to changing their Avatars.

finalheaven
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:54 am Reply with quote

I'm having this same issue, but I don't see a fix in here.

I have ravennuke running iCGstation, with a phpbb database I converted to nuke.

Any reason why the avatar upload option won't show in a users profile even though it's on in forums admin?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:11 pm Reply with quote

I presume it has been turned on in the forum configuation settings?
I have not come across this (this thread is dated December 2003).

finalheaven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:32 pm Reply with quote

If I click "Your Account" and then "Your Info," I scroll down to the avatar section, and it reads like this:

blah blah
Upload Avatar from your machine: [link]Upload Through Forum Profile
Upload Avatar from a URL: [link]Upload Through Forum Profile
Link to off-site Avatar: Currently Disabled
blah blah

If you click the links to go to the forum profile, when you get to the "Avatar Control Panel," all it displays is:

Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 49 KB.

No links. No nothing.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:56 pm Reply with quote

Your Account module doesn't handle avatars, this is dealt with exclusively in the forum profile.
However there are some modules/tweaks that try to link the two such as CNBY and I suspect that it is one of these modifications thats showing avatar editing links in the Your Account module as the links should actually take you to the forum profile.

finalheaven

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:24 pm Reply with quote

OK, I click the links, and it takes me to the forum profile, but then the avatar control panel is just the paragraph of text I posted above.

Can I fix this? Because my users aren't able to upload avatars.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:43 pm Reply with quote

Have you checked in the main forum admin ->configuration area to see if 'allow remote avatars' is enabled?

finalheaven

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:00 pm Reply with quote

I already know Allow Remore Avatars is disabled, because I disabled it myself. I noticed people could link to avatars using URL's and the images used weren't being checked again the dimension limits I set in Configuration.

Would enabling remote avatar fix the issue with not seeing any choices in the Avatar Control Panel? My avatar images folder is already CHMODed to 777

EDIT: Enabling remote avatars simply adding the link avatar option under the usual text paragraph:

"Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 49 KB."

"Current Image
Delete Image"

"Link to off-site Avatar:
Enter the URL of the location containing the Avatar image you wish to link to."

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:58 pm Reply with quote

If you don't see a corresponding field to enter the url then there is either something wrong with the theme (using a custom theme?) or their is a problem with the database structure you converted from the stand alone phpBB forum.

finalheaven

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:08 am Reply with quote

iCGStation is the theme I'm using.

I'm trying to find a fix myself, but there are so many possibilities. There's the directory /modules/forums. There's the theme contained therein /modules/forums/themes/subsilver/, which is still used to pull up the administration panel.

There's the /themes/iCGStation/forums/ directory. And "most" of these pull includes from /includes, although I did have to place emailer.php in /modules/forums/includes/ because the ONE mod I adding was having issues.

I'll continue trying to find a fix for myself. If you would like access to take a look, PM me. You can take a look and sign up yourself, if you wish, here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

EDIT: In Configuration, under General Admin, where do I want the following pointing: Script path
The path where phpBB2 is located relative to the domain name
Because it was pointing to /forums/, which is the default of phpbb, and I don't know if it carried over that value when I ported my original install of phpbb. I just changed it to /modules/forums/, with no change. So odd.

EDIT2: FIXED!!! In General Admin, I was correct in pointing the script path to /modules/forums,BUT it's /modules/Forums/ with a capital F. ADDITIONALLY, I changed the avatar directories to those relative to the module, /modules/Forums/images/ and /modules/Forums/images/avatars/

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:34 am Reply with quote

RavensScripts
Glad to see you have it up and running.

Usually its set to that by defualt, curious why it didnt do that.

Further problems may result from this(the original cause) so keep an eye out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:18 am Reply with quote

It did set it by default, but when I imported my original installation of phpbb (in order to preserve users and posts, and forum structure), it must have set the configuration back.

I'm aware that this change may result in further problems. I just hope I can notice them before they become too big. But I think for the most part, it shouldn't create any extra problems. *fingers crossed*

gregexp

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:08 pm Reply with quote

Ahh now I see completely.

Glad you have it fixed.

finalheaven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:40 am Reply with quote

ok, problem #1:

By changing the script and avatar path to what they should be, I fixed the avatar control panel for my users.

That being said, I apparently wrecked the Avatar Control Panel in the Administration Panel. If I go into Forum Administration > User Admin > Management, and then select a user. When I scroll down to the bottom, the Avatar Control Panel only displays an option to delete the current Avatar, and an option to link to a remote avatar.

So it seems the issue I was having with the users before, has now become an issue for the Admin (namely me). The file that controls said page is user_edit_body.tpl, in the /modules/Forums/templates/subSilver/admin/ folder.

I look in that file, and although the code is all there for the avatar section while admining users, it only displays the options mentioned above.

SO weird.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes

View next topic
View previous topic