Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x
crazzyt9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:29 am Reply with quote

Okay,
When my self and the users of my website (which hasn't been opend tot he public yet how ever does have one user that is not an admin and not used by the admins for testing the site) try to log in, it tends to not allow the users/other admin to log in. How ever I can log in, but after clicking on 1 or 2 links, it then logs me out.

I'm running PHP-Nuke 7.8
I've also installed CNB YA 4.0
I've ran both these mods on previous websites before and haven't had this problem, I've gone over the installs a couple of times to see if it was something i may have missed, how ever I modded all the right files.

I've thought about updateing to the latest Sentinel but I can't seem to find the download for it. I've also talked to the person I'm installing this for, but they're not willing to go back to 7.6. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Crazzyt9

P.S. The website I've installed it on is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:51 am Reply with quote

A normal user account would not prevent an admin from logging in. For a start, the log-ins are on entirely different files.
The only time one user account is prevented from logging in is is you have two user accounts with the same username and nuke provided checking to ensure that does not happen during a normal registration process - though I do not think there is any check provided when the admin crates accounts manually.

As a lot of people have stated in numerous threads, versions above 7.6 do have problems and issues, though I have nevr heard of this particular problem occuring before. I don't use or install anything after 7.6 so someone else may provude a clue but have you checked the session cookie length in the forum config.

crazzyt9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:27 pm Reply with quote

It's not the admins that are having problems, we can log into the admin sectino just fine, its our normal user accounts which are having the problems. But all these problems set asside I've finnaly convinced him to go back to 7.6, so I will be installing that tonight when i get back from school.
Any ways, Thanks for the reply.

Crazzyt9 Twisted Evil

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:31 pm Reply with quote

Note that you can get Raven's distribution of Nuke 7.6 (2.02.02) from this site. It comes with Sentinel built in. Also, you asked where you can get later versions of Sentinel and that's at nukescripts.net. But you'd be better off doing the 2.02 installation as is and getting things running okay and then consider updates to Sentinel as a separate issue (IMHO).

crazzyt9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:21 pm Reply with quote

fkelly wrote:
Note that you can get Raven's distribution of Nuke 7.6 (2.02.02) from this site. It comes with Sentinel built in. Also, you asked where you can get later versions of Sentinel and that's at nukescripts.net. But you'd be better off doing the 2.02 installation as is and getting things running okay and then consider updates to Sentinel as a separate issue (IMHO).

Thanks for the advice, I've already downloaded Ravens Dist. I think i will try what you said about updating sentinel

Thanks A lot.

Crazzyt9 Twisted Evil

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x

View next topic
View previous topic