Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> w/Nuke 6.9
freespirit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:29 pm Reply with quote

Hello,
I have a funny problem. I administer my forums for all the "dead" topics by removing them etc.... I used to perform this operation from time to time.
When I tried the usual cleaning up today, I got a Forbidden: html error page saying I don't have permission to access /modules.php on the server. I haven't made any changes to my forum settings lately too.
Going by a suggestion in this forum, I checked my phpadmin for the "user_level". It was set to "2" as advised.
Does anyone have any other ideas on what to look out for?

Thanks.

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:15 pm Reply with quote

any other edits?
did you check your logs to see if theres anything?
any edits to the htaccess file?...

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:15 pm Reply with quote

Did you do any upgrades or make any other changes outside of the forums since the last time you did this successfully?

freespirit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:59 am Reply with quote

@Hitwalker,
No.. I haven't made any edits actually. The user_level was already set to "2". No edits to the htaccess file too. My knowledge on PHP and MySql is limited so I try not to mess around too much. Smile

@kguske
I haven't done any upgrades. But I did make some changes. I had this problem of random users registering on my site. I had cited this problem in the forums here (under security issues). That time, I enabled the graphical login and disallowed immediate registration (email validation was set up). Other than that, I changed my God passwd (but I don't think that's the problem coz the Forum admin is set up differently). I used to do it without any problems. Since mine is a small site, I don't need to do it daily/weekly - maybe once a month or so.
I can post, I can edit, I can delete a post. BUT I can't delete a topic. I get that error.

Thanks.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:18 am Reply with quote

curious..have u checked the sites error logs??(as hitwalker stated)

Also if u could post whether or not this is locally hosted(your pc) or do u have it on another server.

Also could u list the version of phpbb are u using, the version of nuke(im assuming 6.9 but i need to verify that)

so we can better localize ur problem to a specific error.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:22 am Reply with quote

Hello,
I checked the site error logs. I believe you mean from the cpanel. Some 404.shtml "file does not exist" msgs are there. I believe some of those are mine. What should I look out for exactly?

My site is hosted in another server. Do you think it could be a problem on the server?

Yes... I use 6.9. with phpbb ver 2.0.6

Thanks.

Btw, this is the error page I get ...

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /modules.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. "

When I delete the topic, I get that page saying "Are you sure you want to delete the selected topic/s?"
Then when I click on "yes" , I get this error page.

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:16 pm Reply with quote

wow.. you need to immediatly upgrade your forums to 2.21. It is highly insecure to be running your old version. That might take care of your problem altogether. You can download each bbtonuke upgrade you need at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] or [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] I would also get Sentinel installed after you upgrade and make sure your forum issue is resolved.

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
gregexp

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:00 pm Reply with quote

i agree but also check with ur host for any server upgrades they may not have informed u about

freespirit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:38 pm Reply with quote

Yes... I can do an upgrade. That might solve the problem (who knows) Razz . But will the newer versions be compatible with 6.9 ? Most upgrades seem to be only for 7.x series. That's the reason why I had been delaying in doing upgrades. Anyway, I'll try from the bbtonuke 2.0.6d (seems to be the oldest one at nukeresources.. dunno whether there was an a,b or c) Sad

I'll check with my host too.

Thanks for the advice all. I'll get back to you.

freespirit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:18 pm Reply with quote

Hello,
I got this on my error logs. What does it mean? Something to do with htaccess? Maybe this is not the right place in the forums to post. But since I had been asked to check my error logs, here it is.

"[Sun Jun 18 23:50:35 2006] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] Options FollowSymLinks or SymLinksIfOwnerMatch is off which implies that RewriteRule directive is forbidden: /home/mywebroot/public_html/_vti_bin/_vti_aut/author.dll"

In the meantime, how do I delete a topic manually through phpmyadmin? Any way to do that ?

hitwalker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:35 am Reply with quote

well the error you posted is just a idiot hacking attempt...
and you can delete your stories with phpmyadmin using table nuke_stories
as for your unsolved problem,you could let someone take a look at it...

freespirit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:06 am Reply with quote

Hello,
To those who had been following this post, here's what I did or rather - tried to do.
I didn't want to upgrade my nuke 6.9. So I simply updated the forums upto 2.0.10 to see whether my problem would be solved. It didn't happen. Then I thought, maybe it'll work if I update to the 7.x series so I updated it to 7.0 (for the moment). I picked up the patches (70-71 patched and 72-73 patched from nukeresources) and applied it as instructed. Still the problem would not go away.
NOW, I am down with a new problem. Both my left and right blocks have disappeared. Only the news module remains in the middle. I checked my blocks... all are activated. I tried replacing
Code:
if ($index==1){

with
Code:
if (defined('INDEX_FILE')) {

in my theme.php. It didn't work. I tried checking up the forums here and elsewhere to see if anybody had the problem. I found only those having problems with the right-hand blocks.
So, does anybody have any suggestions I can try out? I am stuck here and my original problem seems trivial at the moment. Smile
There are a host of other minor problems too that I don't want to think of right now. I'll try to work those out or come over here if I can't. Razz

gregexp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:41 am Reply with quote

How much content is located in your site, I mean if its very little might be easier to restart. If its a lot, might be a good idea to save the database, and upgrade your entire nuke.

Other then that, I'd sudjest you have someone(more familiar with 6.9 then I) work your site over.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> w/Nuke 6.9

View next topic
View previous topic