Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
leo51
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:04 pm Reply with quote

Hello, I have this mod called "Auto Group Nuke" and I am trying to install it on Ravennuke76 :::: ## MOD Description: This mod will make it posible to add member ## to a user group, depending on there post count.

I did all of the hacking and have to say that the admin section seems to be OK but the user section "Show_user_groups" I am getting the following error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: append_block_vars() in /home/www/xxxxxx/modules/Forums/viewtopic.php on line 2503 and the edit to this file is:
Code:
// Start add - Show usergroups MOD

if (display_usergroups($userdata['user_id'],$poster_id,'postrow'))
   {
      $template->append_block_vars('postrow',array(
      'L_USER_GROUP' =>$lang['Usergroups'],
      'L_GO' => $lang['Go']));
   } else
   {
//THIS IS LINE 2503:      $template->append_block_vars('postrow',array(
//END OF LINE 2503:

'L_NO_USER_GROUP' =>$lang['Usergroups'],
      'L_NO_USERGROUPS'=> $lang['None']));
   }
// End add - Show usergroups MOD

Can any light be shed on this so I can have an idea where to look.

Thanks

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:20 pm Reply with quote

The error message gives a good indication.
viewtopic.php is trying to call up the function append_block_vars() and cannot find it.
So - we have two possibilites here. Either there is another edit that needs to be made or a file is missing from the fileset of this hack.
You could try doing a search for the functions name in the files or post a link to where I can download it and I'll take a look.

leo51

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 5:03 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
The error message gives a good indication.
viewtopic.php is trying to call up the function append_block_vars() and cannot find it.
So - we have two possibilites here. Either there is another edit that needs to be made or a file is missing from the fileset of this hack.
You could try doing a search for the functions name in the files or post a link to where I can download it and I'll take a look.

Many Thanks, I placed it here to make it easier for you: (Edit out the link)

Last edited by leo51 on Sun May 28, 2006 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total 
leo51

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 5:26 pm Reply with quote

It seems that "append_block_vars" is only added to the memberlist.php and I did all of the editing to this file.

leo51

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:04 pm Reply with quote

OK, Thanks I fixed the problem and the other errors. I did a back track and found what I did wrong. It was the tamplate.php:

}
// End add - Show usergroups MOD
}

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:06 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for following up in case someone else has a similar problem.

leo51

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:47 pm Reply with quote

I 'm wondering if I could be reminded if when a group is created using nuke "Administration Menu/Edit Groups/Groups Administration that group would automatically show up in phpBB Group Administration.

I just did some hacking to add autogroupnuke but I had deleted all of the test groups that I had created and I am trying to remember if it was two separation things or one and the same.

Meaning if I would create a group in Group Administration(phpbb) and I would go to Edit Groups in the nuke Administration Menu I would have seen that group that I created in the phpbb.

I'm I off track? Or this is how it should work but I messed up.

Thanks

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:56 am Reply with quote

There are two very distinct groups systems.
One is via the nuke admin area which will set access permissions to blocks/modules.

The other (the one you have been tinkering with) is for setting access permissions within the forum system which is available from the nuke admin->Forums area.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:21 am Reply with quote

NSN Groups uses the same groups as phpBB, but the standard Nuke group function is fairly useless and uses a different table.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:56 am Reply with quote

I stand corrected.
Note to self to actually use this NSN Groups system to see what it does.

leo51

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:09 am Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Therefore, I can't use the phpbb forum groups to protect nuke modules is that is?

My NSN Groups is setup OK but I just wanted people to do some work, gain points either by posting in the forum or adding sites in the Web Links or may be submiting news before gaining access to some nuke modules.

I do have the paid and subscribtion working but I have my chat fully integraded into nuke and can protect the java from only loading from my nuke module so whether someone would copy the alpha code the room will only load from the nukemodule link.

Now I just wanted to let users gain some points before accessing the room and that was my main reason for the adding the autogroup but its a nice addon and I love and will do put it into use.

Looking at all of this I feel that it can work but might be testing the wrong is this is what I am doing over looking something.

Thanks for the responses.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:12 am Reply with quote

You were correct - the standard groups in PHP-Nuke are distinct from phpBB groups. NSN Groups makes the truly functional phpBB groups work with the rest of Nuke, unlike the standard groups. For example, you can limit access to modules, blocks, even messages by group. Of course, if you use NSN News, NSN Group Downloads, NSN Mailing List or even some non-NSN scripts like Montego's HTML Newsletter - these all take advantage of NSN Groups, too! You can buy NSN PayPal to give members the ability to purchase group membership.

NSN Groups also provides the ability to allow users to become members of groups simply by requesting it through public groups.

One caveat: although NSN Groups uses phpBB groups, these ARE maintained in separate tables from phpBB groups. NSN Groups synchronizes them. But if you then switch to maintaining groups in phpBB, these will not immediately be available to NSN Groups. But the interface is so much better for maintaining groups in NSN Groups, you won't want to use the phpBB group maintenance functions.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:14 am Reply with quote

leo51, that's the ONLY thing the standard Nuke groups function does: allows you to become a member of a group via points. But again, it's not linked to forum groups. Neither NSN Groups nor phpBB groups is aware of the Nuke points system.

leo51

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:17 am Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
NSN Groups uses the same groups as phpBB

OK edited we cross post thanks

leo51

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:28 am Reply with quote

OK. Thanks I love, love reactions as these it just keep me learning. And yes I am working with Ravennuke76. I also have NSN paypal addons and ws_subscrition/paid as well.

I have gain some insteresting notes from this reaction and will be able to move on.

Again many thanks

leo51

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:34 pm Reply with quote

Hello, I am back again after taken a breaking working out my issues:

Have a look at the following tables.

Code:
CREATE TABLE `nuke_bbgroups` (

`group_id` mediumint(8) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `group_type` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '1',
  `group_name` varchar(40) NOT NULL default '',
  `group_description` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  `group_moderator` mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0',
  `group_single_user` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1',
  `group_count` int(4) unsigned default '99999999',
  `group_count_max` int(4) unsigned default '99999999',
  `group_count_enable` smallint(2) unsigned default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`group_id`),
  KEY `group_single_user` (`group_single_user`)
) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=43 ;

Code:
CREATE TABLE `nuke_bbgroups` (

`group_id` mediumint(8) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `group_type` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '1',
  `group_name` varchar(40) NOT NULL default '',
  `group_description` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  `group_moderator` mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0',
  `group_single_user` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`group_id`),
  KEY `group_single_user` (`group_single_user`)
) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=43 ;

The first is with auto-group-nuke fields added but with the new fields added nsngroups will not add groups to phpbbgroups but this I have worked around for by removing the field created a series of groups and then add back the autonukegroup fields because ones the groups are there I can make changes to the name(s) in nsn-nuke-groups and the changes will take place in phpbb also.

But this is not my real issues I want when I set the number of post for a phpbb group and the user gets access to this phpbbgroup this access will also take place in nsngroups.

Any suggestions. I understand they are tow separate things but I just feel it possible or the thread is out there how to do it but I am not bunching on it. Also, if I can fix the first this would also ne nice.

Many Thanks

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:24 pm Reply with quote

If you change the mod to use the NSN functions for adding a member to a group, it should add the member to both groups. But that's a much more complex issue that will involve reviewing the NSN groups code carefully - something I don't have time to do right now.

leo51

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:35 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
If you change the mod to use the NSN functions for adding a member to a group, it should add the member to both groups. But that's a much more complex issue that will involve reviewing the NSN groups code carefully - something I don't have time to do right now.

!O, Ok Thanks for the response it looks like this will be a long short. Now that I have the autonukegroup working fine I would really like to use this same group for my modules.

Again Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic