Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
daemon
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:34 pm Reply with quote

hey has anyone else noticed if you logged in as admin the security graphics display, but if your not admin only the one in admin login is working, for some reason this affects the user info, admin login, the reg account logins and the download fetch graphic as well, any ideas?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:40 pm Reply with quote

What is the security graphic set to in config.php ?

daemon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:48 pm Reply with quote

its was 7 i put it on 0 now, it still only shows download code if I'm logged in

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:54 pm Reply with quote

I am assuming you have some modifications to the downalods module in which case that would be normal?
Can you post a link to your site so I can take a look?

daemon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:20 pm Reply with quote

I have the fetching mod v1.0g

Last edited by daemon on Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total 
daemon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:35 pm Reply with quote

I dont recall it doing it until yesterday and only thing i did yesterday was upgrade sentinel

hlarledge

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:56 pm Reply with quote

This happened to me as well when I installed yesterday. Frustrated, I also set it back to zero, deciding that I must have did something wrong. I decided to look into later. I would like to know more about this issue.

Thanks,
HL

daemon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:39 pm Reply with quote

well, heres something really weird I turned off flood protection and they all work again

daemon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:56 pm Reply with quote

also seems like flood protection is a bit sensitive Smile

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:51 am Reply with quote

The fecth mod security graphic display for your downloads is independant of the global setting in config.php
It may be possible to turn it off in downloads but as I do not use this mod I do not have the files to confirm.

If you have the security graphic set to display in config.php and the image is not displaying, right click the blank image to locate the path to the image, the with your ftp software, ensure the image file properties are chmod 777

Regarding the flood protection problem, this has happened on occassion with some server configuration and I beleive it is being looked into.

southern
Client

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:47 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
The fecth mod security graphic display for your downloads is independant of the global setting in config.php
It may be possible to turn it off in downloads but as I do not use this mod I do not have the files to confirm.

If you have the security graphic set to display in config.php and the image is not displaying, right click the blank image to locate the path to the image, the with your ftp software, ensure the image file properties are chmod 777

Regarding the flood protection problem, this has happened on occassion with some server configuration and I beleive it is being looked into.

The image file should be set to 777?

daemon

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:29 am Reply with quote

all that is correct still doesnt work nor does the image work at all with the new dl mod EDL V21... i disabled the image and use text only seems to work. Maybe an issues somewhere.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:43 am Reply with quote

I presume that your host has the GD libraries enable?
You can test by inserting this
Code:
phpinfo()
into a php file and executing it on your site.

southern

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:12 am Reply with quote

GD is indeed enabled on my host, I see the security codes here, but not on my site. I'm at an impasse with this. What we need is a comprehensive FAQ about the causes and cures for missing security codes, a sort of checklist to run down til the problem is found and fixed. Is there code in the 3.1 patch that breaks the security code? Does the NS flood blocker break it? What about possible code in .htaccess? Third party theme files? Language files? I've looked everywhere I can think of and still no security code. How about a php snippet of code to test if the sec code will display and if not show the paths and diagnose the problem? lol

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:50 pm Reply with quote

Go to the properities of the image itself, and get that URL and load it into your browser. If it loads as text, you can determine if there are errors somewhere. Usually I find people have added code before the PHP output for their theme or blank lines to the beginning of their files. That will cripple any script that needs to send its own headers first (image generation)

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
southern

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:28 pm Reply with quote

The images loaded as images not as text.

southern

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:33 pm Reply with quote

I found the problem, it was a third party theme's my_header.php that was getting loaded ahead of everything else... nothing in it but a little javasc ript window open, I commented out in theme.php
Code:

//include("themes/ThirdPartyTheme/my_header.php");

and the security code showed right up. Simple little thing like that caused all this aggravation.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic