Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.9
pnclthnmstsh
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:43 pm Reply with quote

Every post shows 0.0.0.0 as the IP address that the post was made with. I'm using Nuke 7.9 with phpbb 2.0.19.

Thanks for any advice

Last edited by pnclthnmstsh on Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total 
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:24 pm Reply with quote

First, consider using RavenNuke 7.6 or anything other than 7.7-7.9.

Are you logged in as a forum moderator?

pnclthnmstsh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:39 pm Reply with quote

Yes I am or I wouldn't be able to see the IP icon. When that is clicked it reads this post was from posted from IP 0.0.0.0 and then the list of other people who posted from that address are everyone whose ever posted...that the way it is with every post.

And yes everyone knows those versions a bad but it's a little late after all the original reviews saying it's tight. Plus this is a phpbb issue not necessarily Nuke because my IP trackers for Nuke work fine. The reason I upgraded to 7.9 is because 7.6 doesn't handle cookies for marking posts read very well and 7.9 does. So please, enough with the plugs when someone requests a little assistance with another version than 7.6 because it's got problems too.

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:59 pm Reply with quote

First, I'm not sure where you heard it's tight. It certainly wasn't here.

And, if I made a DIME on RavenNuke, you could consider my recommendation a plug. I recommend it because we test and support it here. When people find problems with it, we try to resolve those problems quickly. Furthermore, I suggested running versions other than 7.7-7.9, not limited to RavenNuke. So please, when someone offers a little assistance, read carefully before responding.

Since you know it's a PHPBB issue, you also know it isn't 7.9 that handles marking posts read, it's 2.0.19. And, of course, you know you can certainly run 2.0.19 with versions other than 7.9. I haven't seen that problem reported before, so we can add that to the list of things to check.

pnclthnmstsh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:18 pm Reply with quote

No, it wasn't here. I do regret upgrading. I've got Ravennuke installed on another site and it is very tight. I know this is all free, that's not what I meant by plug. And I apologize if I came across sounding rude. I've just gotten burned out by another support site giving terribly obvious answers to folks, if they answer at all.

The problem I have may have started with upgrading to 2.0.19 from .17 then .18. But I'm not sure, I finally got a jerk on the site that needed banned thru his IP addys, so after almost a year, I finally discovered this problem. I'm not sure where to look for where phpbb collects IP's while posting so any hints would be a great start for me.

Thanks for the reply Smile

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:04 am Reply with quote

The poster IP address is in the nuke_bbposts table. However, not how it is encoded or if it is simply stored in hex. I have never dealt with it. Personally, I track them through NukeSentinel's IP Tracking, find the offender and then ban them using NukeSentinel.

I have seen somewhere some themes which will show the poster's IP address to the logged in admin, but I am not sure where I saw that.

pnclthnmstsh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:27 am Reply with quote

True...it is stored in nuke_bbposts but that table is a carry over from phpbb forum tables. IP tracking mods create their own tables to store and report data. It's also not a theme problem, I did check other themes installed on my site to make sure, but themes for the most part only serve to change the way the site is shown...not really affect this part of what's going on. Thanks for the reply, but I'm still looking for the mysterious question...where does phpbb collect and upload IP addys to the database when posting? Or could it be in the part of the mod script that collects the IP from the database after clicking the IP icon?

montego

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:51 am Reply with quote

Ok, I will say it again, at least for the nuke sites I run (I looked at them), the poster_ip field is getting valued with the poster's IP address. If you have other IP tracking "hacks" in place, I cannot answer to those. I am just saying that for my base nuke 7.6 sites using 2.0.19, this is getting stored properly and really, I do not think 7.9 has anything to do with it, I think the version of phpBB is more relevant as well as any code hacks you have done.

pnclthnmstsh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:48 pm Reply with quote

Well I have no idea why yet but I replaced this line in functions_post.php

$sql = ($mode != "editpost") ? "INSERT INTO " . POSTS_TABLE . " (topic_id, forum_id, poster_id, post_username, post_time, poster_ip, enable_bbcode, enable_html, enable_smilies, enable_sig, poster_mood) VALUES ('$topic_id', '$forum_id', " . $userdata['user_id'] . ", '$post_username', '$current_time', '$anon_ip', '$bbcode_on', '$html_on', '$smilies_on', '$attach_sig', '". $current_mood ."')" : "UPDATE " . POSTS_TABLE . " SET post_username = '$post_username', enable_bbcode = '$bbcode_on', enable_html = '$html_on', enable_smilies = '$smilies_on', enable_sig = '$attach_sig'" . $edited_sql . " WHERE post_id = '$post_id'";

With this one:

$sql = ($mode != "editpost") ? "INSERT INTO " . POSTS_TABLE . " (topic_id, forum_id, poster_id, post_username, post_time, poster_ip, enable_bbcode, enable_html, enable_smilies, enable_sig, poster_mood) VALUES ('$topic_id', '$forum_id', " . $userdata['user_id'] . ", '$post_username', '$current_time', '$user_ip', '$bbcode_on', '$html_on', '$smilies_on', '$attach_sig', '". $current_mood ."')" : "UPDATE " . POSTS_TABLE . " SET post_username = '$post_username', enable_bbcode = '$bbcode_on', enable_html = '$html_on', enable_smilies = '$smilies_on', enable_sig = '$attach_sig'" . $edited_sql . " WHERE post_id = '$post_id'";

and all is good again.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.9

View next topic
View previous topic