Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
MOW Ace

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:30 pm Reply with quote

hello i like to know what i must do to upgrade my site from Sentinel 2.3.2 to NukeSentinel v2.4.2 or newest version out now. and if theres step by step instructions for installing sentinal.
Thanks

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:33 pm Reply with quote

get the latest version...make all the core edits again
then run the install script.
set it to upgrade
double check the core edits...it may not be necessary..they may be identical as it stands. but to be honest im not sure. Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:43 pm Reply with quote

There are step by step instructions for installing NukeSentinel from scratch, but as darklord pointed out, you should check the core edits again since they have probably changed since 2.3.2.

One other thing to note: when you run the installation script, select each upgrade step (e.g. 2.3.2 to 2.3.3, 2.3.3, 2.3.4, etc.) until you get to 2.4.2. The SQL upgrade step is NOT cumulative.

Another recommendation: upgrade your Nuke patch to at least 3.1 before upgrading NukeSentinel, if that's necessary.

MOW Ace

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:20 am Reply with quote

ok thanks the info also will this be the same on a site using platinum 76 ?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:03 am Reply with quote

I beleive those that put Platinum together had to make some modifications due to all the stuff they included with the Platinum package and as Sentinel was designed to work with phpNuke not a fork like Platinum, you may experience a few glitches.
I am sure there will be dozens of Platinum users correcting me if I m wrong.

gregexp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:45 am Reply with quote

Platinum.... boxingself Bang Head Smack Smack lol...trust me its not even worth the effort if u got just 1 skilled person tryin to drop u...although i have found that platinum with nukesentinel actually secures it better..but plz drop protector be4 u even think of adding sentinel

MOW Ace

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:13 pm Reply with quote

well that much i knew already, im running two test site one with ravens new 76 and the other with platinum 76 just want to see if some of the flash will work with ravens full pack before i waste alot of my time. I like some of the new themes that platinum has, but i know it wont work with ravens.
I like to know if ravens site will have any flashy themes like platinum. I seen some BF themes i really like but when i experiment with Ravens new 76, everything went all out alignment. Like i said im just running a test site, if none of these things works then i will setup raven 76 and use the themes that there, not a problem for me. Thanks for the input....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic