Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
bornsexy2100
Client

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:00 pm Reply with quote

Here is a read me from a file I downloaded to convert a PHPBB database to PHPnuke database which allows me to transfer all my members and posts to a PHPnuke site from a PHPBB forum.

############################################################################################
##### Update to PHPNuke 6.5/PhpBB table structure by BraveEagle - [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ######
##### Remember to set your path to perl binary before executing ######
##### Original post of this modification on [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ######
##### - S.S. LAZIO 1900 - Rome is the city. Lazio is the team - SRM - ######
############################################################################################

Usage:

- Set the correct path to your perl binary modifying the first line of each script.

- Insert the correct info about your db configuration into common.pl.

- Upload to your cgi-bin directory, make executable.

- Start running by calling:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Note:

Post text script has been included into post script.

If you want to run on a host different from "localhost" (e.g. remote hosted site)
just change the following lines of each script changing "localhost" with the remote db host name (if needed).

########################################################################àà
# Connect to the database
print "Connecting to database $conf->{nuke_database}...";
my $dbhnuke = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:$conf->{nuke_database}:localhost","$conf->{nuke_username}","$conf->{nuke_password}",{RaiseError => 1})
or die "Couldn't connect to $conf->{nuke_database}: ". DBI->errstr;
print "DONE\n";

print "Connecting to database $conf->{phpbb_database}...";
my $dbhphpbb = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:$conf->{phpbb_database}:localhost","$conf->{phpbb_username}","$conf->{phpbb_password}",{RaiseError => 1})
or die "Couldn't connect to $conf->{phpbb_database}: ". DBI->errstr;
print "DONE\n\n";
########################################################################àà

The script worked well on my site (either local and remote) so, for what i could see,
you should'n find any problem.

I don't provide any kind of support beyond this readme file so don't mail me to ask
questions cause you'll get no answer. I'm really too busy.

------------------

It is the first step that confuses me, I can do all the rest ok so if anyone can explain what path it wants I would appreciate it.

This is a link to the file if it helps [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Thanks,

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:08 pm Reply with quote

The first step means to edit your .pl file to where the Perl binary is. That is dependent on how your server is set up - so you will have to ask your host

And if you cannot get that to work, I have written a php script to do it [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic