Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v1.x Distro
ryanrbftp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:25 pm Reply with quote

When running the installSQL.php, I get the following error message:

Quote:
ERROR! The exact error message that your MySQL server reported is You have an error in your SQL syntax near '; ' at line 1.

The Script also says:
Quote:

MySQL Database Connectivity Test Results

config.php file found!
Successfully connected to localhost as user thesimswarehouse and assigned password!
Database ******* found!

Can you shed any light?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:53 pm Reply with quote

Please search these forums first as this has been addressed in other threads. Maybe a Google Search within this site using "The exact error message that your MySQL server reported".

ryanrbftp

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:56 am Reply with quote

No, I've tried replacing the -- with ##, but I still get the same error message. Any ideas?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:31 am Reply with quote

Remove all comments from the file and try it again.

ryanrbftp

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:44 am Reply with quote

All comments removed - same problem, same error message. Example of SQL file:

Code:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `nuke_authors`;
CREATE TABLE `nuke_authors` ( `aid` varchar(25) NOT NULL default '', `name` varchar(50) default NULL, `url` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `email` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `pwd` varchar(40) default NULL, `counter` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `radminsuper` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1', `admlanguage` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY  (`aid`) ) TYPE=MyISAM;

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `nuke_autonews`;
CREATE TABLE `nuke_autonews` ( `anid` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `catid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `aid` varchar(25) NOT NULL default '', `title` varchar(80) NOT NULL default '', `time` varchar(19) NOT NULL default '', `hometext` text NOT NULL, `bodytext` text NOT NULL, `topic` int(3) NOT NULL default '1', `informant` varchar(25) NOT NULL default '', `notes` text NOT NULL, `ihome` int(1) NOT NULL default '0', `alanguage` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '', `acomm` int(1) NOT NULL default '0', `associated` text NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY  (`anid`) ) TYPE=MyISAM;

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `nuke_banned_ip`;
CREATE TABLE `nuke_banned_ip` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `ip_address` varchar(15) NOT NULL default '', `reason` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `date` date NOT NULL default '0000-00-00', PRIMARY KEY  (`id`) ) TYPE=MyISAM;

ryanrbftp

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:45 am Reply with quote

I also imagine I'm going to get the UNIQUE/NOT NULL error message when I finally get this working... Rolling Eyes

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:03 pm Reply with quote

What version of MySQL are you using?

Have you tried changing TYPE=MyISAM to ENGINE=MyISAM?

Also, a very easy way to really know what the error is is to run the query in phpMyAdmin. The error will be much more explicit Wink

ryanrbftp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:13 pm Reply with quote

I'm using PhpMyadmin now - it gets further that your installer script, but stalls at the subscriptions table. Error message is as follows:

Code:

Error

SQL-query :

CREATE TABLE `nuke_subscriptions` (
`id` int( 10 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`userid` int( 10 ) default '0',
`subscription_expire` varchar( 50 ) NOT NULL default '',
PRIMARY KEY `id` ( `id` , `userid` )
) TYPE = MYISAM

MySQL said:

#1171 - All parts of a PRIMARY KEY must be NOT NULL;  If you need NULL in a key, use UNIQUE instead

Server info:
MySQL 3.23.58 on Linux

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:22 pm Reply with quote

Change this line
`userid` int( 10 ) default '0',
to
`userid` int( 10 ) NOT NULL default '0',

I would HIGHLY recommend you upgrade your MySQL version to at least 4.0.25.

ryanrbftp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:38 pm Reply with quote

Raven,

I've decided to upgrade my MySQL instead of mucking about with changing scripts, mods... etc. I've upgraded to MySQL 4.0.23 and your GUI installation script works like a dream now.

I was reluctant to upgrade because the MySQL server is heavily used with several very important and profitable websites running from it. Also, I didnt fancy playing with MySQL 5 just yet.

Raven, apart from security fixes, are the any performance advantages of this newer version of MySQL that I'm running?

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:50 pm Reply with quote

Oh yes. You need to consult the change logs at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] to read the plethora of changes Smile

montego

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:36 am Reply with quote

Just letting you know that I split out the "for hire" portion of this thread to the "For Hire".

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v1.x Distro

View next topic
View previous topic