Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
firelfy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:10 pm Reply with quote

I have two modules that aren't working. When I try to open them, they goto blank white pages. I searched for the last few days and didn't find anything relating to this.

Modules:
Ofx Clanlist 1.4
4nCalendar

Thanks for the help.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:25 pm Reply with quote

This has been addressed many, many, many times in these forums, but may not be specifically with these modules. If you search for "blank white page" you are going to find a ton on it. Two things you have to determine:

1) Is the module compatible with plain old Nuke 7.6? I.e., if the module was written pre-7.5 even, the whole module admin functionality changed

2) Have you made the edits necessary in the 3.1 patchset documentation (which is in the RavenNuke76 download)?

I am going to move this thread to the Nuke 7.6 forum as this is not specific to the RavenNuke76 distribution.

griffinsbridge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:29 pm Reply with quote

I have a similar problem too. But its with a custom module that works perfectly on 7.6 and 7.7 but just shows blank in ravennuke.

Viewing source all that appears to be kicked out is:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

not too clever is it?

And bizarrely, I cannot activate it in admin--> modules because it wont appear in the table. theres an error coming up below the "Modules Administration title:
Code:
Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

Doesnt tell me much.

Any help would be gratefully received

griffinsbridge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:06 pm Reply with quote

just a sec montego. These modules im using work perfectly on 7.6 patched to 3.1. They would work on any install of 7.6/3.1 but they dont work on ravenNuke 7.6 2.02.00. wouldnt that mean that this thread is specific to ravenNuke 2.02.00 distro? Confused

Anyway. Ive managed to get it to work By creating the row in _modules table manualy. Itll now allow me to admin-->modules-->edit that module. So, Ive narrowed the problem down to the function that recognises when a new module has been uploaded to the /modules/ dir. This SCREAMS of bug to me Rolling Eyes

But sorry, dont know enough to go digging into the depths of the admin interface, Ill have to leave that one upto one of you guys.

firelfy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:23 pm Reply with quote

Sorry I forgot to mention that I am using RN76v2.02. They worked on 7.6 before I changed to RN762v.02

griffinsbridge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:32 pm Reply with quote

Ah, forgot about this. I tried some GT nextgen unsuccessfully. Turns out Id forgotten to drop the old admin/modules/modules.php back in
My bad Embarassed

firelfy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:45 pm Reply with quote

Right-on. I found the fix. Thanks.

Original code:
Code:
if (!isset($mainfile)) { include("mainfile.php"); } 

Replace with:
Code:
if ( !defined('NUKE_FILE') ) { 

include("mainfile.php");
}

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic