Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BBtoNuke
akky
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:47 pm Reply with quote

I suppose this has been asked before, so shoot me if you wish.

Here goes.

Admin between PHPNuke and the integrated PHPBB forum, is there a way to link up group admin between the two.

For example, Nuke allows for points etc for downloads, referrals, reviews, content, stories etc, etc. Can these points be anyway linked to the forums. Basically through a combination of forum posts and site submissions, I would like site members to be able to climb the ranks.

If it exists combined admin would be great.

Thanks

Akky

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:26 am Reply with quote

<bump>

akky

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:19 pm Reply with quote

Taking the bump to mean that, a solution might be needed, I've already started to sync up the group names in both phpnuke and phpbb. Hopefully if anything does happen, then a transition might be easy.

Akky

akky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:39 am Reply with quote

I've just noticed on the Nuke-Evo site it states that the phpbb groups are integrated in place of nuke users.

Now this would solve my question.

However.................... If I were to change to Evo, what problems could I have?

Is Evo more of a collection of mods and themes and my problems could be limited.

Also, does anyone know if the DB tables change much. I've done quite a lot on my RavenNuke site so would probably not migrate if it was too much hassle.

Akky

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:48 am Reply with quote

Perhaps a look around the Evo site might answer your questions about Evo. It's highly modified so I would guess there would be modification in the db too. I find changing things always a hassle because you basically have to rebuild from scratch each time you start playing around with another distro.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:02 am Reply with quote

thanks for the reply. I'm looking around the Evo forums. Although the option of having integrated groups appeals to me Raven still appears to look better.

As i'm still in dev mode, i'm going to back up my current site and give it a go. Should be fun, but I'm not holding my breath. I've tried sooooo many CMS now and this version is the best so far.

Like you say, rebuilds = hassle. I'm sure there would be something somewhere which would screw up all my work.

akky

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BBtoNuke

View next topic
View previous topic